Custom Business Day/Holiday Calendar for Sequences

Is a feature to customize what days are recognized as non-business days being considered or developed?  It'd be nice to set certain days to automatically skipped (not just weekends) when sending sequences.

HubSpot updates
14 Replies
davidtaylorjr
Regular Contributor

Just to have holidays in general would be great. Not just for sequences but for meetings as well.

christourre
Regular Contributor

Agreed, had too many sequencial emails received on Christmas day this year.  An orgnizational calendar that would allow you to specify holidays would be great.  This would also allow you to block off days that the office may be closed (e.g. company outing) if you did not want customers/leads to receive communication when your org is OOO. 

Brendan_
Occasional Contributor

It would also be cool to set "custom weekends."  For example, I only want prospects to receive emails on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.  I know that there can be some (in my opinion, hacky) workarounds for this but "custom weekends" would be better.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Beta

Now in beta is a new Sequences feature to allow users to see and edit scheduled emails. This will enable you to change the scheduled send time of an email should it fall on a holiday. 

davidtaylorjr
Regular Contributor

That's not really what we are looking for. We want to be able to set global holidays so emails are suspended on those days.

nickbodkins
Occasional Contributor

@sjudson what we're looking for in sequence timing is the exact same thing we are getting to do in messages. Available Monday-Friday, 9-6 Eastern, etc. Sequences should have global rules or sequence-specific rules: Don't send on weekends, send between x-y time, etc. Especially as you guys think more about insights around best times for responses, etc. You have that data, proactive suggestions to the user about best times of the day or days of the week to schedule sequence message would be super powerful!

ernopyykko
Esteemed Contributor

Hey @sjudson,

Might be assuming a bit too much here, but public holidays in a lot of countries tend to be on fixed dates. Would be handy to have bank holidays for different countries available in Hubspot. That way we could be suggested not to contact people on certain days, depending on where they're located. 

This could be then used as an option on sequences and templates, to allow reps to exclude sending on public holidays. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

Users have the ability to edit their scheduled Sequence emails. Just navigate to the Sequences tool and click into the Scheduled tab. You can adjust the date and time of the send or the content of the emails. 

Eric_Fox
New Contributor

That solution doesn't really deliver on the request. Brendan_ is asking for an automatic way. Manually editing dozens of sequences to idle for a couple days over Thanksgiving or what have you is a pretty poor substitute for being able to set a global period when sequences don't progress.

mrspabs
Top Contributor

Yes we need this. I really don't want to look like an **bleep** having my drip emails delivering on Christmas day etc.. It would be great to have a settings area where you enter the dates you dont want to drips to go out.