HubSpot Ideas

bbither

Cross-object reports should count unique items (count unique companies in contact reports)

Cross-object reporting is a very powerful functionality within Hubspot. I have however been running across a limitation frequently. It's best described in an example.

In this example, we'll look at Contacts and Companies where we view all contacts that have become a marketing qualified lead. We want to know how many unique accounts are associated with MQLs over time because often we have many contacts from the same company qualifying. The cross-object reporting seemingly provides this ability to measure based on the count of contacts or the count of companies. In practice, however, both result in the number of contacts, not the number of unique companies. I would want and expect this behavior to only count unique companies when aggregating the data - but then display each individual contact when diving into the details of the data.

Here is an example of a data table that is displaying contacts that have "Became a marketing qualified lead data" within the range, and measured/aggregated by "Count of Companies". "Count of Contacts" is also available but results in the same exact output even though there are many duplicate companies in the data. 

image.png

15 Comentários
grahamimmerman
Membro

Same problem for us; it is critical that this is resolved otherwise we have to export into Sheets to get the data we need when HS is supposed to be our one true source of data.

olimottola
Colaborador(a)

I am having the same issue but with The Opportunity stage in the customer lifecycle. There are times where reps may opt to add more than one contact to the deal and this affects our reports. Not being able to limit to one person per company within the report means that the Lifecycle conversion funnel is not usable by our company as multiple contacts for the same company would qualify to be a part of the report, thus skewing results.

Need this ASAP, now we are relegated to Excel

Thinh
Membro

Same issue here. We're forced to manually count and track unique companies in a separate sheet in order to avoid skewed data. Following this thread.

enorberg
Colaborador(a)

Same problem here, but with Activities and Contacts. I want to count unique meetings, not unique contacts we held a meeting with. Cross reports allow us to define what contacts to filter the report on, e.g. Paid search, but then we get the wrong meeting count.

bhascher
Colaborador(a)

Same here, I have to report manually the number of new company SQL's per month generated by the marketing department.

NHowarth
Participante

I have the same with companies and deals. I want to list out all of the currently active companies (the ones with active deals of a certain type) but I am getting multiples of the company name instead of just one. Being about to change that to unique values only would be so good. I can do this in a list but I want to email automatically email this

fiberpunk
Colaborador(a)

+1 for sure

ataf
Participante

Hi folks, 
I'm having similar problems. I want to count unique contact IDs from my deals pipeline's closed won stage. Anyone found out a way to do this?  Thanks!

LAirth
Membro

Having the same issue and hoping for resolution - need a way to count unique Client IDs based on certain filter criteria. Has anyone found a solution?

EXia
Membro

same problem here. I have to export the report and do it in excel to get unique value. 

Membro

Same issue here. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the behavior between Left Join and Right Join, to put it in SQL terms. I understand there are benefits to building the query the way it's currently done, but without a Group Duplicates checkbox/behavior to simplify the process, this really gets in the way of cross-object reporting.

samthemiller
Membro

anybody managed to work around this yet? struggling with this too due to the way our contact/company associations are structured !

jjones41
Colaborador(a)

+1 - absolutely critical if HubSpot is going to be a reliable source of data reports. In our case, the property that we need to count if unique is on a custom object.

OItani
Membro

The issue is further exacerbated with the misleading phrasing of "Distinct count", when in reality duplicates are still being included in reports.

Essential for this to be resolved to enable accurate reporting

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.56.47 AM.png

Peggy2
Membro

This is also causing us big problems too.  It duplicates a unique object if there are say "multiple contacts" or "multiple companies" associated to one single object.  We really need a way to tell Hubspot to only report say the main/first item once in a report.  It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, but it is messing up our reports.