HubSpot Ideas

mike175

Cross Object Reporting

I was told that cross-object reporting is not availble in HubSpot CRM in response to the question I will detail below.

I simply want to create a table report that contains the fields Associated Company, Associated Contacts, Deal Name, Create Date, Close Date, Deal Stage and Amount and then sorted and subtotalled by Quarter or Deal Stage. These fields unfortunately exist in more than one mutually exclusive database object in HubSpotCRM and thus I cannot run a simple useful report that, btw, I was able to easily do in my last company using the leading CRM. May have to switch if there is not a reasonable solution.

39件のコメント
becalcott
メンバー

This would also be fantastic for managing our Partners sales' pipeline - get onto it HubSpot 🙂

becalcott
メンバー

Would be great to understand where this is in HubSpot's dev priorities? 

We are looking at setting up some custom webhooks for this reporting - dying without it! Understanding how far away a *sorely needed and should-be standard!!* solution is would help with our prioritising.... 

becalcott
メンバー

Hey World

We are dying without cross-object reporting.... for a billion reasons but initially for tracking ROI / Deals that have been influenced by Tradeshow and / or attendance at our hosted events....

According to a post elsewhere in this forum from a Hubspot rep, this was a priority for HubSpot since back in March. 

I know HubSpot also runs and attends a bunch of events, so now that they too are using their own CRM I'm thinking this might not be far away.... 

An update would be invaluable to my FY18/19 Planning... please? 

Thanks 🙂 

AlexBrunet
メンバー

Hi there, 

In my case I want to do something quite simple that is link to this topic I think. 

Create a dashboard that shows, total closed deal amount per company"s country. 

Can't do that. 

Looking forawrd then to have this cross object bridges.

VagaeNatus
キーアドバイザー

We need this to and be able to report on things like: count contacts with 4 phone calls made or count contacts having a deal with deal stage abc.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
meagmccann
HubSpot Employee

At INBOUND 2018, we launched a new Report Builder that includes the ability to build a report across your 2 of your HubSpot datasets (otherwise known as "cross-object reporting").

For a quick walkthrough of the new report builder, please check out this article from our knowledge base.

This blog post outlines some of the most exciting reporting & analytics updates from INBOUND, as well a number of examples of cross-object reports you can create in HubSpot. 

Please do not hesitate to pass along any feedback you have on this new tool!

ステータスに更新: Delivered
meagmccann
HubSpot Employee

At INBOUND 2018, we launched a new Report Builder that includes the ability to build a report across your 2 of your HubSpot datasets (otherwise known as "cross-object reporting").

For a quick walkthrough of the new report builder, please check out this article from our knowledge base.

This blog post outlines some of the most exciting reporting & analytics updates from INBOUND, as well a number of examples of cross-object reports you can create in HubSpot. 

Please do not hesitate to pass along any feedback you have on this new tool!

mbrackett
投稿者

Hey meagmccann! I actually am on the new report builder but here's my quandry. I really just want to add a deal filter to some of the contact reports "pre-baked" by Hubspot on my Sales dashboard. We are a subscription company and want to exclude our renewals from our Purchases and Updates. But of course on Contact reports, I can't add a Deal filter on Deal type. But I'm not finding myself able to rebuild the same report. Is there a way to simply add the cross-object filter? I'm looking particularly at Sales Performance, Contacts By Source with Lifecycle Stage.

Then also I created one called Contacts Closed Won This Campaign by subscription level. I can't go in it as is and add that filter.

Any way to avoid having to rebuild these? I consider my need to be very simplistic in the scheme of things so I don't wanna spend a lot of time re-inventing the wheel.

JHankin
メンバー

For those of us who have used CRMs with more sophisticated reporting, it's important that we are able to export cross-object reports. Thos are reports that report on two modules (ie. Deals or Contacts).   That export needs to be a an .xlsx or a .csv file. The importance of cross-object reporting is to filter deals based on a company property - ie. country, state or organization type. 

JHankin
メンバー

Can someone help explain why HubSpot create cross-object reporting but didn't think an export function would be helpful?  The cross-object function was a game changer for their reporting but it seems they didn't follow through and allow the reporting feature to actually be useful. 

I am hoping someone in the community has a suggestion to get the cross-object reports out of HubSpot. 

johnelmer
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

Yes, HubSpot reporting still has a way to go. We are a Platinum Agency Partner, and native HubSpot reporting just isn’t sufficient for our clients. That’s why we built a low-cost connector that makes it easy to use Microsoft Power BI for robust HubSpot reporting: www.hubspot.com/integrations/powerbi

Your data updates automatically in Power BI on a daily or hourly schedule. Templates and setup are included if you are new to Power BI. Check it out, there’s a free trial.

samuelb
参加者

1. Ability to report across more than two objects. Example: select "deals" and "contacts" and "acitivities" to create a chart table to show last weeks meetings, owner name, and recent deal - no currently possible.

2. Ability to add more that two data sets to a chart visualization. Example: in a table chart, ability to show deals by stage, with associated owner name - not currently possible.

rkingsbury
メンバー

Agreed - this is SUPER frustrating. Added to that, when discussing with support they suggested that I try adding to a dashboard to export - didn't work, and then when I removed it from the dashboard the entire custom report was deleted. Apparently that's also SOP? 

I discussed with support for about 25 minutes and there is literally no solution to export or access this data. 

JanaB
トップ投稿者

There is a possibility to get a cross-object export using a third-party solution: Import2 Wizard. You can filter and select the properties not only from one object but also from associated records. Here is a quick video overview on how to export your Hubspot deals with their related contact details, as an example:  https://youtu.be/RwoZ2RD3Q8c 

Frank
参加者

Boy, cross-object reporting is soooo kludgy and difficult to use.

• Can't report on more than two objects
  • Can't export your cross-object data
  • Can't even simply click on a report name and see the latest data (inexplicably you have to "Edit" the report to see the data!)

Why??? The fact that we even call it "cross-object" reporting (we don't care how you organize the data -- that should be seamless and nameless ... it should just work properly and be intuitive), is insane. That we as customers, who pay tens of thousands of dollars per year, and trust our data and operations to HubSpot year after year, have to comment on forums endlessly to hassle HubSpot for basic, basic, basic data functionality, is nuts.

It's still stunning how inept HubSpot is at CRM, data reporting and manipulation, etc. For such a pricey system, you'd think they'd have functionality that's BASIC on many other systems.

You're killing me, HubSpot ... absolutely killing me.

Cameron_Smith
参加者

Completely agree.  You can copy and paste what's on the scrren, but that takes hours and pages and pages to do.  Please just add the export feature, this is agonizing!

christareed
参加者

PLEASE?! An export feature seems like a no-brainer. 

lvanderpluym
参加者

YES! This would be so very helpful

SprinkleData
メンバー

Hi @mike175 @lvanderpluym @christareed @Cameron_Smith @Frank 

As you are looking for cross object reporting, you might want to have a look at Sprinkle which easily integrates with Hubspot and other data sources. Sprinkle enables you to customise your KPIs and build reports accordingly. 

Regards

Sam