HubSpot Ideas

mike175

Cross Object Reporting

I was told that cross-object reporting is not availble in HubSpot CRM in response to the question I will detail below.

I simply want to create a table report that contains the fields Associated Company, Associated Contacts, Deal Name, Create Date, Close Date, Deal Stage and Amount and then sorted and subtotalled by Quarter or Deal Stage. These fields unfortunately exist in more than one mutually exclusive database object in HubSpotCRM and thus I cannot run a simple useful report that, btw, I was able to easily do in my last company using the leading CRM. May have to switch if there is not a reasonable solution.

39 Replies
relabidin
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @mike175,

Thanks for the question!

Cross object reporting not currently possible in HubSpot, but you can search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Implementing cross object reporting is a top priority of the team this year, but at this time I can confirm that it is not possible.

Rami  

mike175

Glad to hear it is a top priority.  Odd that it can't work now since I can do a data dump from HubSpot  to Excel and get all the fields I want in a table that can be analyzed.

Frank
Participant

This should be among the most basic functionality of a CRM / Marketing system -- it is inexcusable that it is not available from the get-go. Here's hoping this most basic functionality gets added asap. 

toddg194

I agree, this is basic, standard, CRM functionality.  I ran into a similiar issue where i needed to create a report based on the company name that my contacs are associated with, which is currently not possible.  This needs to be addressed quickly if HubSpot wants to be a viable competitor in the CRM space.

Szofia
Participant

Hear, hear! I wanted to export a list of all contacts that are associated with companies that I have marked as current customers. According to HubSpot this is also a type of cross-reporting that is not possible. Come on HubSpot, this can't be a big issue to solve!

mike175

Sadly, we will be undertaking the effort to move to a different platform because of this severe limitation.

Kim_GP

I would like to find out how many leads from our funnel (MQL and SQL) that we sent to partners that convert into a deal (won, close or open) by sales territories.

WarrenE
Participant

As a workaround we used the HubSpot API and extracted the data into a Amazon (AWS) DB and then used a dashboarding tool to do our cross object reporting. Definitely a sub-optimal solution, but we are able to create detailed reports that our sales leaders and executives need.

Key was managing activities (engagaments) on deals, reporting in mulitple currencies, checking sales persons budget per quarter etc..

Regards,

Warren

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

MattF
Top Contributor

This is a great idea and a sorely needed feature. Currently, I export companies and deals into Excel and use vlookup's to combine these properties. An in-app solution would be ideal so I can present in the dashboards that our leadership team prefers to view.

Frank
Participant

How is it possible, in 2017 (almost 2018!), with so much technology available and so many competitors in this space, that HubSpot does not offer even basic cross-object reporting?

How is it possible, in spending tens of thousands of dollars per year for Hubspot, that I cannot get basic information to show up on my screen, like the Associated Company listed in a column of Contact records?

Insane!

kblake
Participant

Kim, we are having the same issue. I have been told by our Support contact that it's not possible and the only thing available is to see Contact's Total Revenue but the filtering on dates is difficult and you can't see in progress deals.  

HubSPot, please reconsider your connections between Tables and options for reporting as this is a critical situation for us to not be able to see the lifecycle of the MQL through the Sale.  

Kendal

EricPatrick
Participant

Needed.

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

SamFGibbs

Yes please! We really need this feature.

chriscorsair
Participant

Would love to see this implemented

NickyF

Yes this reporting is sooo necessary.  I need to report across Companies and Deals and I have a whole account management team waiting for the results.  It is very inadequate to export info to Excel all the time.

LoneFir
Participant | Platinum Partner

Any updates here from HubSpot on current development or how others have found work arounds? 

mbrackett
Contributor

Yes same for me. I'm poking around in reports and want to combine data from Contact properties with data from Deal Type properties. The deals and contacts are associated, but if I choose Contact as the object for my report, I only get Contact properties to use. Same for Deals. We JUST now got our deal API flowing. I'm wondering now if I should have included one of the contact properties as a deal property (like deal name) as well so that would show up in deal properties and I could set Deal as the object and have access to both deal type and deal name as Deal properties...of course now, it would take extra programming cost to updat the API again plus having the same data go into two fields might need to calls to the API (which could cause other problems). Would just be simpler for all "objects" to be available to report and function together!

YonM
Contributor | Diamond Partner

A bit shocked that this is still something that haven't built out after seeing how needed it is back in 2017.