HubSpot Ideas

hktango

Creating tasks from Conversation Inbox

Relaying a much needed feature to be back:

In need for the ability to select "create task to follow up in X days" directly in the Conversation Inbox. Currently, this feature is only available in the Contact page and therefore is quite inconvenient for teams who handle customer conversations in the Inbox and need to set up a reminder to follow up. 

Original post see here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Create-tasks-from-Inbox/m-p/398704#M5242 

38 Replies
MichielJacobi

Also creating other kind of tasks from a conversation!

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

This is the oldest request for this feature, here are links to similar ideas - would love to have this capability!

Create a Follow Up Task when Sending an Email from the Inbox

add task from conversations inbox

Create Task from Inbox/Chat

I will also share the link to this idea in each thread to try to gain more traction here 🙂

EricaL

WHY? Why would you not only not have this, but have it and then remove it???

harrynorman
Participant

We have set our conversation inbox to work as tickets, using this feature: "Log all new conversations that come into this channel as tickets."

When new tickets are created, we create tasks in association with the ticket. We reply to the ticket in the conversation view since it adds our team email signature for Support. However, we can't see or create any tasks in the Conversation view.

PJB
Participant

Yes this is such a  basic feature. Just another missing feature that makes you think no one at Hubspot actually uses their product. 

nlssplgn

Absolutely needed here! Doesn't make sense at all to create tickets since they are more suitable for support. The number one use case for creating tasks in email / conversation view is for example when a potential client says "get back to me in 2 weeks". 

DylanMiller

Why this isn't a feature or HOW nobody thought that this should just be a basic property in the inbox is beyond me. 

Please implement this.

Lara_Q
Participant

We need this as well, creating tasks is one of the highlights on hs, so not being able to use them effectively is a shame

Dee30

Yes please, defo needed and now!!!!!

n_costa
Participant

This is also something I would really like to have in the conversations inbox. At least the ability to add a task via the "Preview" function for associated companies, deals, etc.

hLepik

Still really need this ability, seems to just make sense.

taryn1

Without the option to "snooze" conversations or even mark them as "unread" to follow back up later easily - we SERIOUSLY need the ability to create a task directly from the conversation to ensure that we are following up with our clients in a timely manner and nothing falls through the crack. The more we are using the conversations/inbox in hubspot, the more we are discovering that it is a disappointing area of hubspot that truly is lacking in basic email/inbox functionality.

anhthi
Participant

Please add this feature!

ABerens

I see that the problem goes back 3 years, still no solution?

MichelleSC

Upvote big time, my team is very unhappy that this feature doesn't exist 

Improver
Participant

+1 needed

NessaW

Yes, we need this too!  People have been asking for this feature for years (ever since the feature was removed!), and Hubspot don't seem to have ever responded.  

Hubspot, please give us an update 🙂

KSkinBody

Please have this feature, is so important. Having to go out to make a task it just make no sense.