HubSpot Ideas

raghavk

Creating pop-up/modal forms

Pop-up forms are not provided out-of-the-box in Hubspot as of now. I wanted to know if this can be provided as a standard feature, so you don't require extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS, or have to depend on your developer team to implement it. 

I've been using a pop-up form on my website for over 2 years, which is a standard, OOTB functionality in Mailchimp (See image below). Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.45.10 PM.pngThis allows me to showcase a form only when visitors take a proactive action, like clicking a CTA, and saves me real estate (and the visitor the effort of having to navigate away from the page). Now that I want to migrate all of this to Hubspot, I'm having to go through multiple lines of code (HTML, CSS, Javascript files) that I have no understanding of. Considering this is a functionality offered by tools that are sold at a fraction of the cost compared to Hubspot, I was wondering why this can't be added as a standard.

17 Replies
Samanthamyers
Participant

yes please!!! We're using external lead capture/form solutions because the Hubspot solutions are rubbish! I don't want to have to build a custom landing page outside of my native environment just to contain a form.... Given the whole point of Hubspot is lead capture, am VERY surprised this isnt a feature

Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Pop-Up Forms are available under the name "Lead Flows" within HubSpot. Currently we have multiple trigger types, but we do not have a trigger for a button click. This is something we may roadmap for the future. For now Pop-Up forms can easily be created using the Lead Flows tool within HubSpot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/lead-flows/create-lead-flows

rbrown_globalcx

We need the ability to enable or disable CAPTCHA on Pop Up Forms as is allowed on Forms.

jonnoprice
Participant

@Tom  - You've changed the status to "Delivered" but clearly this is not delivered. What the original post is referring to is the ability to easily add a pop-up modal form to a page, landing page etc. that opens when a button is clicked. The current Lead Flow tool is not a solution to this requirement. 

There are many posts in the Hubspot community requesting this simple feature. If we have a landing page and there is a CTA button at the header - this should be able to open a pop-up form.

Neotera

This is a *huge* flaw - I'm amazed this is not supported. +1 to the requests for this.

toricook
Top Contributor

I agree this would be a great feature to have for our pillar pages. Currently, we have two areas where someone can download the PDF of our pillar page. Ideally, when someone clicks the "Download CTA" a form would appear as a pop-up/modal form on top of the pillar page. This way the user doesn't have to navigate away from the page in order to download the PDF.

The current pop-up form does not suffice for this need. We would need the ability to embed forms both inline and on top of a page as a modal.

David_M
Participant

Incredible... more than 1 year for a functionality that other tools offer by default. New user in Hubspot, first try to create a simple modal form window to emmed a form and we cannot. I search for some help, and there are many users requesting this functionality since more than 1 year... Very dissapointed

Modal window and modal form now... 

ziadi
Contributor

Agreed, this should be a default feature!!

maciejpuchalari

Hi, do you have any status on where on the roadmap is this feature? All hands for that!

estellechvl

+1. this should be a default option

DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm Dom and I’m a Product Manager at HubSpot. We're actively exploring this idea with the team at the moment. I’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases and generally finding out how you are currently using CTAs, what’s working for you and what’s not working. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

ALefler

+1 on this functionality.

ALemon

Use case: Client wants to have the Hubspot CTA click to pop up a form, but isn't interested in showing it to everyone after a certain time or scroll position, etc. Currently trying to figure out how to use belch.io form, but this is needlessly complicated for a feature that should be default.

ADeClerck

Use case: to be able to have the exact same logic as hubspot does: form pops up after clicking on CTA: https://offers.hubspot.com/sales-interview-questions?hubs_signup-url=www.hubspot.com%2Fresources%2Fg...

Craig-Andrews
Participant | Partner

This seems like something long overdue for 2022. Same-same for multi-step / multi-page forms.

Like ADeClerk said, it would be great if we could have the same functionality as already is found on HubSpot.

https://offers.hubspot.com/sales-interview-questions?hubs_signup-url=www.hubspot.com%2Fresources%2Fg...

DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, I’ve some exciting news to share - we’ve launched a brnad new pop-up builder in HubSpot Marketing Hub and CMS Hub into public beta that will allow you to create all sorts of pop-overs, slide ins and sticky banners, including ones without a form, linking to a lp or pop-up forms that will trigger on button click. If you’re inetersted in checking it out you can DM me or opt yourself in (if you’re Super Admin and in MH or CMSH starter - you’ll find the beta opt in in the existing Pop-up forms editor)

Craig-Andrews
Participant | Partner

That's awesome! Just sent you a DM for Beta. Looking forward to giving it a try.