HubSpot Ideas

ghogan711

Creating a list from recently merged contacts

We have around 2,000 duplicate contact records in our system. I am going through them and merging each one into the primary contact record via the deduplication tool. I have been trying to find a property/object that updates for recently merged contacts, so I can create a list and view them after I have merged them all. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a unique identifier that updates when a contact has been merged. It would be helpful to have some sort of property to see this, so we could then go back and review the newly merged, primary contacts in one list instead of having to find them. Thank you!

14 Replies
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

++

ErinHertz

Completely agree on this! We also have certain dropdown properties that rely on the internal value of those contacts being correct (and often they get merged with another record and change). It would be extremely helpful to have a list that I could check to make sure everything is still in order.

dstirrat

Yes, please could this be implement to HubSpot ASAP, this would be very useful for how we track our data.

DBorg
Contributor

We also need this!

ElBr
Participant

Need this!

SGrepling1
Participant | Elite Partner

Need this functionality to cross check any contacts that didn't enroll in workflows. 

SFreas
Contributor

I would love to have this so we could do the matching merge in Salesforce!

ABeney
Participant

This would be so helpful for our company - there is no way to see which contacts have been merged and we need this for a data processing and cleaning 

DennisLooijenga
Participant

+1. Similar to contacts, I'd also love to be able to create lists of companies that were merged.

timneighbors
Participant | Elite Partner

+1 : In the knowledge base, it states that "if both of the records you merged in HubSpot were syncing with Salesforce, it’s recommended to merge the records in Salesforce." - Without this type of reporting, it seems to require a lot of copy and paste in a spreadsheet to be able to go back to salesforce and complete the merge. Please add this feature - Thanks

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

WPolec

Also, the 2,000 that you see on the duplicate list is potentially not the full list, it is just the maximum HubSpot is able to calculate at a time so the list will never be bigger than 2,000 but the number of potential duplicates can be.

RabeelKhan

+1

We really need to see how many contacts have been merged so far.

In a List or maybe in the view filters.

Looking forward

Jonas_De_Mets
Top Contributor

Hi everyone! This should be possible now using the "Merged Contact IDs".

Jonas_De_Mets_0-1712742315573.png

Hope this helps!

Jonas De Mets

HubSpot RevOps • Co-Founder @ Koalify - HubSpot deduplication made easy!