HubSpot Ideas

vickyjiang

Creating a form submission report/dashboard

I'm looking to create either an automated report that could be sent out monthly or a dashboard that will show us the people who filled out forms to download some of our gated content in the last month (or other period of time). Right now I can only find this information through the form submissions main section but I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right place to create this report or dashboard. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

82 Replies
kbjornaas
Contributor

Ha. I was AGAIN looking for this and realized that I had in fact looked for it previously and even shared what report it should behave like that is already available in HubSpot. COME ON HUBSPOT! Please at least review this idea. 

Vivi

That would be great !

dvandewaa

This thread is great. What I would love to see is:

1. A report on the total number of form submissions each month (both on our site and Hubspot landing pages).

1a. A breakdown of which forms were submitted.

This could be a simple bar graph that you hover over and see the breakdown.

You can get close to this with custom reports or lists or third-party tools, but I just chatted with an agent today and they confirmed that what I want to see is not actually possible and that this is the place to submit feature requests.

Cheers!

kbjornaas
Contributor

I have received confirmation that HubSpot is working on *something* related to this (i.e. form submission reporting.)  I linked this post specifically to show what we were requesting and was given an affirmative response. So... take that for what you will. We will see.

eddyswindell

I need this ASAP.  Please HUBSPOT can you add this?

dgajsek
Participant

This sounds such a no-brainer. I wonder why this isn't included.

KatAddison
Participant

I have created a workflow which gives me 'most recent form submission date' for various forms but this doesn't allow us to create YTD reports and look historically as any new submission wipes out the contact's historical submission. 

We need this report! 

arcbright

Arcbright (The list sending tool), is now available in free beta at https://beta.methoddata.com

mkarsten
Top Contributor

We did a chat last week with HubSpot (with an awesome rep btw), only to find we're paying for API to connect info to our Power BI and we can't easily access or directly link the info we need to track the success of a long list of gated materials we have on our website using HubSpot landing pages with forms. Maintaining a HubSpot list with all the forms is a definite pain point, since we'll have regular additions/deletions, and this process is still manual - exporting and supplying a spreadsheet to our Power BI lead, which doesn't allow for the most up-to-date info changing from day to day. We also looked at connecting to a campaign, but the connection doesn't allow for landing pages or forms. We're currently working to simplify are plethora of systems and programs talking to each other, so adding another 3rd party solution isn't appealing.:(

Lieke_Crunchr
Participant

We also need this (necessary and basic report!), preferably as soon as possible! 

arcbright

I really do recommend checking out this list report tool: beta.methoddata.com

abhaykhurana
Participant

Putting my support behind this idea as well. If the data structure exists (and it must) that tracks form submissions and the date of those submissions it seems like reporting on the submissions to a set of forms over time would be relatively straightforward.

Very, very important for our SaaS business. So far my workaround is to try to bucket the form submission activities I care about into Lifecycle Stages (so all form submission assign the submitter the Lifecycle stage of Lead, for example) – but since Lifecycle stages aren't customizable that is also not reliable or very sustainable long term.

jlondonForecast

I agree this would be tremendously helpful. We're trying to determine the value of downloadable content on our website in terms of the way in which it's contributing (or not) to moving prospects through their decision-making process. Currently we can't generate a report that effectively links deals and form conversions in a meaningful way.

JamesNichols90
Participant

Adding my support to this idea.  As marketers, the most important thing for us to do is convert leads.  Having more robust reporting capabilities on forms/pop-up forms should be basic functionality to measure success.

kbjornaas
Contributor

Quick update - I recently got access to a forms reporting beta. It is quite minimal and similar to the reporting on ads, social etc. not very customizable.

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

+1 also for this idea.

Would love to be able to create reports based on form submissions. I can kind of get the data through contact properties, as the data is stored from the form on the contact record, but it can be overridden so isn't 100% accurate. I'd like to do this on the data from the form at time of submission.

kbjornaas
Contributor

If interested, below is what the new forms reporting beta looks like.. Not really providing valuable information. I need to be able to customize a report on specific form submission data. Not an aggregate view. All this does is save me the time of manually calculating the same data on the "manage" tab. This is lazy work. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 1.16.01 PM.png

JamesNichols90
Participant

Thanks for sharing!  Yeah, as you mentioned, this is aggregate data and it would be great to be able to drill down.

mkarsten
Top Contributor

Agree with @JamesNichols90, this beta view really doesn't give the info we're wanting to view easily. Nice overview, but not what we're looking for.

bethany_wolfe

Agreed! One area we are focusing on is lead follow up. It would be great to have a report on the dashboard that managers can view to ensure all lead forms have been addressed by our sales team. This would be a great addition!