HubSpot Ideas

vickyjiang

Creating a form submission report/dashboard

I'm looking to create either an automated report that could be sent out monthly or a dashboard that will show us the people who filled out forms to download some of our gated content in the last month (or other period of time). Right now I can only find this information through the form submissions main section but I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right place to create this report or dashboard. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

82 Replies
saurabhg
Participant

This feature should be simple to implement in HubSpot since similar reporting feature is available in the CTAs module to "Export Data" for the selected date range as .csv/.xls/.xlsx formats.

If this feature is difficult to implement, then at least allow user to copy the table (page wise) from the browser and paste it in MS Excel (Note: When pasting in Excel, the data on the rows columns breaks so I have to spend extra time to format)

Siddall
Top Contributor

I'm living in denial that I can't easily run a report to see "how many submissions were made to Forms X, Y, & Z in the month of January.

Someone please tell me I'm missing the forest for the trees...

Sophie_Messieux
Participant

Taking a report out of submitted forms by month is simply not possible today. We can only rely on the recent conversion date but it has nothing to do with it. The idea is evoked since 2017 and still nothing. I found more than 5 topics on the community!

Annie_B

HubSpot, how many customers need to upvote before you pay attention to this request? Reporting on form submissions week over week should be a basic reporting function. Manually exporting a list and creating a dashboard in Excel on my own is tedious and makes my job harder. Do better, Hubspot, and at least reply to a request that has been open since 2017!

dbhoward
Participant

I agree - using the List function as a poor man's reporting tool is inadequate.

That said, I generally focus on reporting out of Salesforce, and focus on lead volume, and campaigns / leads to Oppty's and revenue.

Brandy13
Participant

Adding on here, it would be useful to see new contacts versus existing within the form reporting. Thanks!

christa
Contributor

We desparately need this as well. We were able to figure a workaround with the 'old' reporting tool. It was hacky and not ideal but worked using lists and 'added to list' as the date property. We missed contacts that had multiple submissions with this so again, not ideal but can't even do this any longer with the recent updates. 

I'm baffled that there are so many requests for this since 2017 and still no action.

One use case for this is the need to have the form submission report emailed weekly to other team members that monitor the form submissions for specific landing page traffic. We do this to audit sign ups and gauge the effectiveness of our messaging on a weekly basis. So we need to have date parameters related to that specific form submission (not recent conversion). 

dbhoward
Participant

I recommend that folks essentially abandon reporting in HubSpot.

My default method would be to tie form completion to a workflow and a campaign in Salesforce, and then track and report how many leads/form submissions against the form and asset in Salesforce. Then, everyone in Salesforce can run the same report, and see the same data.

It's then easy to track leads against the asset, and even opportunity pipeline back against the asset.

Salesforce reporting, and most CRM reporting is more advanced than reporting in most marketing automation tools.

It also doesn't make sense to do reporting out of the CRM and MA tool.

amyleopold
Participant

Need this, too! Currently trying to figure out how to do this reporting.

I have the added complexity of need to report out on the topic of intereted selected as well. I can't belive this isn't an option.

And it needs to be able to track over time to do comparison.

Marine
Participant

Same here! Need to have a form submission report by country!

JasonMM
Participant

I make this kind of stuff happen all the time in HS. The programming that Hubspot uses to display the Form Submission Date in an Activity Timeline uses the same tools/logic HS provides. Many default fields and reports have been provided by HS that satisfy a baseline need but as I read through the forums, I see that everyone wants it to work a specific way. I think HS does better than many other CRM's that provide canned solutions by giving you the ability to create custom solutions. Using custom properties, conditional logic workflows, and list creation, you can make almost anything you want.

Build first towards the data you want. I'll proceed down the idea of a report or dashboard for when contacts filled out specific forms within a date range.

This method will work for 5 forms or 500 forms.

Form 1 | Form 2 | Form 3 | Form 4 | Form 5

Create 5 custom contact properties with the field type of Date Picker - Use a naming convention that implies that it is a date and which form it refers to. Use long descriptions if necessary.

Date Form 1 Submitted | Date Form 2 Submitted | Date Form 3 Submitted | Date Form 4 Submitted | Date Form 5 Submitted

I recommend putting new property fields into custom folders so that you don't make a huge mess.

Always trigger your workflow using a list when there are many conditions to be met. You have the most options and you get to view contact property columns that you define for listed contacts while you are building. It will help you make sure you have selected the correct parameters. If there is only one condition to be met, trigger it directly in the workflow, although, you may use a list at times if the trigger needs to be able to reenroll multiple times. Lists are the best triggers because they can always be used for reenrollment. 

Create 5 workflows - One per Form

Trigger - Define your form submission - One Form per Trigger

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 1.42.14 AM.png

Action - Set Contact Property Value

Contact Property - Date Form 1 Submitted

New Property Value - Date of Step (if you do not see Static Date and Date of Step it is because you did not set the custom contact property to Date Picker.)

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 1.46.50 AM.png

Rinse and repeat. Create a workflow for each form.

Now you will have the date as a property of the contact of when they filled out the form.

You can use the date fields to define your date range. It also serves to identify that the contact filled out the form. Field will be null (blank) if the contact has not filled out the form. 

Go back to list creation and add multiple "OR" filters for each "Date Form Submitted" and set your preferred range, like, is between (your date range) for as many forms as you like. You can add to and detract from the list over time or clone the list to make different versions of the data. I recommend making multiple clones of the list and changing the clones because now the list is keeping track of the list adds over time. Which brings us to the Action button.

Click the Actions button in Lists. You can Export, Create a Report, or View Performance.

View Performance is basically the canned report most of you are looking for.

Solved?

christa
Contributor

Thanks @JasonMM for such a detailed response. I use custom date properties for some offline tracking when I import updates to our contacts. It didn't even cross my mind until I saw your post that this can solve what I was looking for with form submission tracking.

Instead of using the list performance I've created a custom contact report and am now able to filter by the customer date property. With this report I'm able to easily dial down to the actual contact that submitted the form.

It would be nice to have a help article in the knowledge center so others can easily find a work around such as this.

brettdelaget

Yes please! 

Marine
Participant

+1 ! Need this report!

YE82

I totally agree! I need to have a deshboard that I can filter on dates in order to see for instance how many demo bookings been made during a certain month.

Today, n order to get that absolutely correct I need to create a list on that form and then "refine by date", that will give me the exact number. How ever, having a pre set dashboard that can be filtered by date would make wonders. 

vanae
Participant

Have we got any further with this! We are needing to pull the total amount of form submissions month by month.

StephHutch
Participant

This is very important to our metrics reporting - would welcome if this is on the agenda or if we need a work around

Jade_Firth
Member | Partner

Extending this, it would be really useful to be able to build a forms --> meetings funnel; it could look something like this,  Form Views --> Form Submissions --> Sales qualified leads --> had a meeting --> created a deal. And it would be really useful to show the conversion percentage between them. 

kbjornaas
Contributor

OK, Hubspot. I did the hardwork for you. We need this report but instead of sessions and source it would be 

"Submissions by Form" 

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.58.03 PM.png

Michael_1

Agree with the vast majority of this thread. The lack of easy reporting on obvious things is quite staggering.