HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Creating A Smart List for Hard Bounced and Unsubscribes

There are some similar ideas for creating a smart list in HubSpot based on if the contact had a hard bounce or unsubscribed. However, the only current way of getting this list is to export and re-import the suppression list. This results in a growing static list of 1,000s of contact you previously had on your suppression list being imported and deleted over and over again.

"We imported 3394 items, 3327 of which were new, in the 3400 rows you selected for import."

If we could have a smart list based on the hard bounced and unsubscribe property, we could just add the new contacts that fit the criteria instead of the ever-growing static list.

19 Comentários
kristen_sb
Colaborador(a)

Hi,

Although I can create a report on unsubscribes easily with a smartlist ---- what is blatantly missing is the ability to report on Hardbounces (separate from softbounces). In my opinion this should have been a feature added long ago. If HubSpot is able to capture this in a file suitable for export, that capture should be made available to use in a smartlist. This exporting business is a pain in the neck and counterproductive. I need the ability to remove hardbounced emails from my dataset automatically as I would think all enterprises would.

Kristen

clioi
Top colaborador(a)

yes please - urgently needed!!

judeoneill
Participante

+1 for this. I would also like a way to wipe out globally bounced contacts - they are taking up a lot of space that could be put to better use, and if we can't contact or cookie them through Hubspot, it's just duplicative of our CRM record with no benefit.

vess
Membro

I think this is a bug.  There is a property called 'Martketing email bounce'.  Using this filed I can remove a lot of the bounces.  But not all.  There are still a few hundred contacts rolling around that the system never sends to, yet Maketing email bounce is apparenetly set to 'unknown'...

bendonahower
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Yes!

neil2
Participante

This really annoys me! So much effort just to remove hard bounces!

Come on HubSpot please fix this, especailly as email has always been the backbone of the product.

Camila_Grotti
Membro

Please action the hard bounce smart list asap! It is a shame that you don't have this feature yet....

sk0si
Colaborador(a)

I'd like to inform the contact owner to check out the bounces of his contacts to hold my contactbase as clean as possible. So I've created a workflow that notifies the owners if there are new contacts pushed into the static list.

Currently it's a pain to push these contact into a static list frequently and manually - furthermore my contact owners would receive a big bundle of notifications due to bi-weekly or monthly updated lists.

Please add the possibility to create an active list with bounced contacts.

jwiedenheft
Colaborador(a)

Adding to this as well. We need an easy way to have a constantly updated ACTIVE list of bounces (soft, hard, global.)

Incorporating this into list building, workflows, would be extremely helpful!

chronomics1
Membro

Yes please! Seems like one of those things that should exist but doesnt..

AlexArtiga
Colaborador(a)

I totally agree! This needs to be done ASAP! 

christine2020
Membro

Yes, we need this! We are paying for contacts that we can't market to and have no easy way to

identify them so we can delete them

DanielaFonseca
Top colaborador(a)

Really hoping to have this become a feature soon! The ability to filter by soft bounces and hard bounces would be great, too.

renee1
Membro

I agree! I was hopeful then devistated to scroll to the bottom to find this hasn't yet been rolled out. I know Hubspot are releasing an 'unmarketable' feature end of year, that will allow you to label hard bounced contacts as unmarketable, and not be charged for them, but in the meantime, we need a system of selecting and separating out these hard bounces globally using an active list, not email by email, with manual export and imports. 

Status atualizado para: In Beta
jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi folks - dropping an update on this thread. We are now in a Private Beta for this functionality. If you want to be part of the Private Beta send me a private message with your HubSpot Hub ID and I will get you signed up. 

The dynamic lists for Unsubscribes already exist today. Just navigate to the lists tool and create a dynamic list with a filter on email subscriptions. For hard bounced contacts there are now two new contact properties we are introducing in HubSpot accounts that can be used to make dynamic lists:

1. Email hard bounce reason
  2. Invalid email address

Email hard bounce reason
This property identifies contacts who have previously hard bounced during an email send. This hard bounce is preventing those contacts from receiving future emails. Additionally, it identifies contacts who are globally bounced and have had an attempted send within that HubSpot account. If contacts are unbounced, then the contact property value will be removed.

The property returns values corresponding to the hard bounce reason for that contact. The values and descriptions correspond to our hard bounce categorizations documented here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-the-difference-between-a-hard-bounce-and-a-soft-bounce#h...

Invalid email address
This property identifies contacts who have either typoed or bad email domains. This property is only filled after a failed email send to that contact. It returns just a true/ false for that contact.

Status atualizado para: Delivered
jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

The two contact properties detailed out here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Creating-A-Smart-List-for-Hard-Bounced-and-Unsubscrib... are now available in all HubSpot accounts.

rcordioli
Participante

hello @jaleonard19  I can´t find those options under Email Subscriptions. There´s only the opt in and out options.

Is there any activation on your end that needs to be done?

If so, my hubspot id is  6478328..

Let me know pls.

sk0si
Colaborador(a)

@rcordioli here we go: 

1) Go to contacts -> choose lists

2) Create an active list with property "Email hard bounce reason" 

I choosed option "Unknown User", now I can use them in workflows / API-Calls. 

Does that help?

rcordioli
Participante

Hi @sk0si thanks!

This looks great...

I didn´t know this "Email hard bounce reason" was available under Contact Properties.

Thank you again!