HubSpot Ideas

AnaMura

Create ticket from email

I know that Hubspot is not currently supporting this functionality, but it will help a lot to manually start a ticket from incoming email (not via workflow, but via Gmail extension) or  from Slack, similarly to what you have for creating a new 'Task'.

59 Replies
Bruce2

I TOTALLY agree needs to be added to the HubSpot sales Tool. We deal with a lot of support cases by email and we dont want to log all of them to HubSpot only those that are relavent or REALLY are a support cases. 

Zakattack_89
Participant

we need this Hubspot lets get it going!

MHubbard
Participant

We are new users to hubspot and right now we really like it, but we would love for this exist. 

Our info mailbox is for customer service off the website, and about 70% of the items coming in we answer a question, and close a ticket.  With the email extension, it's even cleaner to get this all taken care off.  But it sure would be nice to create other items from that extension: 

1. Ticket 

2. Deals

3. Tasks

Sure would be great if they were a button like Templates.

wildmercury
Participant

Another voice requesting this. Stuck using freshdesk for ticketing until this is added.

JAnderson64

It's a real shame that this idea has been posted and supported by many others for 2 years now without action by HubSpot. Will this feature ever be introduced?

PubliAlex

When you see the price of hubspot license, it's a scandal to have that kind of support.

DKenny

I came across this discussion while looking for how to do this. It seems obvious that you should be able to make a ticket from an email. Please add this feature.

JoelEckman
Participant

Have you guys seen the Gmail update?  They have really pushed tasks and like you guys I was all about the ticket but truth is I can treat tickets like maintenance agreements or projects and simply manage tasks associated with them. I can pre-create a "XXX Client Maintenance" ticket for maintenance client and then pop off tasks like popcorn from email. It'll do for a free solution.

LindaMunetrix
Participant

It would be very helpful if we could create tickets from emails, using the Gmail Add On - like you can for tasks and deals.

LucasM
Participant | Diamond Partner

Having the ability to interact with more objects in email extensions will greatly improve the capability of the HubSpot tools and improve their competitiveness over the other platforms that are attempting to get into the HubSpot CRM space, such as monday.com and ClickUp which are now offering from creation, automation, and ticketing tools. 

This will also improve competitiveness with other tools like MS Dynamics and Salesforce that show sales info from right in the email client. 

MS Dynamics sales infoMS Dynamics sales info

DataLabz
Participant

This definitely needs to be implemented.

JHaber6
Contributor | Elite Partner

Has anyone found another app that can serve as a workaround to this?

MKatz

Yes would love this option! 

smarketingchris
Member | Elite Partner

This would be amazing. It's funny that the extension shows whether or not the contact is associated with tickets but it's not posswible to create a ticket from within Gmail!

_BF_
Participant

Why you can't "+" a ticket is beyond me!

Absolute must!

EStein
We're still not a customer due to this. If they ever get around to it,
maybe we'll reconsider. This just seems crazy not to do.
wildmercury
Participant

Yup, we gave up waiting for this last year. I still follow this thread in the vague hope that things might change... The lack of response from Hubspot staff leaves little or no room for hope.

Bruce2

Very disappointing....and Extremely frustrating as it seems like it would be simple to add the option to create a ticket from an email.... especially since i thought hubspot was about support.

PBooher

Leaving Hubspot because this does not exist. The current feature of creating a ticket for all incoming emails is worthless. Need the ability to selectively create tickets in Hubspot from an email inbox (gmail). I can't believe this basic capability has been supported by the community for 2 years in this thread and not addressed by Hubspot. 

tvwillis

Adding my voice to the chorus! Our organization has customers mostly emailing their account managers directly, and having the ability to create a ticket from an email would be amazing. I am kinda shocked it wasn't a feature already.