HubSpot Ideas

MCS

Create personalized drag and drop email templates

I would like to be able to create my own personalized drag and drop email templates in the design manager.

So instead of starting to create new drag and drop templates from scratch each time and adjusting them to the CI guidelines OR cloning templates which I have created according to CI, I want to build the basic templates by using the design manager. This way, users can select from my company-specific templates when creating emails (rather than choosing the five templates provided by HubSpot) and they are still able to be creative and do their dragging and dropping, but with certain design limitations. drag and drop overview_missing draeger.PNG

This functionality is essential for large companies in order to ensure that CI guidelines are being adhered to. If not implemented, the drag and drop is basically useless.

Also, simple cloining of drag and drop emails won't do the trick: Just think about the end of the year when the copyright date needs to be changed. This needs to be coordinated by using a global module (just like in the old Design Manager). That's just one of many exmaples where the new drag and drop reveals its weaknesses. 

80 Replies
lkroboth

Completely agree! It's not practical to start from zero every time we need to create a new email and the classic editor feels more and more tedious as myriad other cheaper and lower tech email platforms are upgrading their technologies. There should be an easy way to set default styles and save your preferences for future use.

mmeeksPC

Agree! It's almost 2019... every email marketing provider now offers drag and drop email builder and templates. To further this capability, I would like to remove the templates I no longer want to see. For example, if I have my template library built, I would more than likely remove the HubSpot templates to keep the template screen clean.

beccamullin8

As the drag and drop is still in beta. I wanted to submit an idea for a feature. I think that you should be able to create an email from the drag and drop builder and then be able to turn it into a template. 

There are many smaller companies that still do email marketing without a developer on staff to create templates specific to their needs. Letting someone use the drag and drop and then make it a template for future use would be much simpler than using the design tools to create your template since that still manages to slide outside the realm of a designer's skills if they have never used hubspot. 

dsiglin
Participant

The new drag and drop builder is 99% exactly what I need. The last 1% is the ability to create my own custom HTML templates like I can with the current email editor. I hope we will have that ability carried over into drag and drop.

SteveC
Participant

+1 from me. The drag and drop interface is great but without the ability to use custom modules that can easily be added/removed then we won't be able to use it.

EmmanuelC
Contributor

Hi Becca!

I fully agree with you, the ability to have templates instead of recreating them every time from scratch would be beneficial and save some time.

I noticed this other similar idea already had some traction, so feel free to also upvote it!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Create-personalized-drag-and-drop-email-templates/idi...

Heidi1
Contributor

This would also benefit our company because we have general style guides that we use, but we customize them based on campaign and purpose of the email. Having this ability with the new drag-n-drop would allow for more staff to customize our templates.

EddyVinck
Participant | Elite Partner

+1. I need this feature for the exact reasons you mentioned. Having to start over every time is not workable for my team.

CarolineCroughs

Agreed. In order to work with the templates, we need to make sure the guidelines can be met. Drag and drop is great, but people tend to do their own thing. The marketing departments in larger companies like ours, must face the same challenges. We need to make sure people can drag and drop, create their own emails without having to worry about guidelines. 

zchrymrrs

Agreed! Would love to be able to set up templates that others can use consistently instead of starting from scratch each time! 

andreaulloa

WE NEED THIS IN OUR AGENCY! 

AlejandraMelara

Need this! great idea

rosell-dk
Participant | Gold Partner

+3

kwornson

Love this idea. Would save us so much time!!

Field

Up 🙂

bbowlin

+1 This seems like an obvious next step for the drag-and-drop builder. 

tramgren
Participant

I agree that a template would be sooooo useful. For the time being: we have a base email that we like, then clone and edit it each time we want to resuse it. Though a template would be much easier and avoid any pre-loaded feature we dont want (i.e. contact lists, email descriptions etc.)

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

Agree- definitely see the benefit this would bring to our customers! 

EmilyM

I completely agree. It will make working in this tool so much easier for a large team.

NonProfitGenie

Yes, we need a way to save an email we built as a template. 

I'd love to not have to duplicate the email and swap out the images, links, and text everytime. It would be so much easier if I could save the email I built in the drag ansd drop beta as a template without speciic images or text in it, to resuse again and again.