HubSpot Ideas

MCS

Create personalized drag and drop email templates

I would like to be able to create my own personalized drag and drop email templates in the design manager.

So instead of starting to create new drag and drop templates from scratch each time and adjusting them to the CI guidelines OR cloning templates which I have created according to CI, I want to build the basic templates by using the design manager. This way, users can select from my company-specific templates when creating emails (rather than choosing the five templates provided by HubSpot) and they are still able to be creative and do their dragging and dropping, but with certain design limitations. drag and drop overview_missing draeger.PNG

This functionality is essential for large companies in order to ensure that CI guidelines are being adhered to. If not implemented, the drag and drop is basically useless.

Also, simple cloining of drag and drop emails won't do the trick: Just think about the end of the year when the copyright date needs to be changed. This needs to be coordinated by using a global module (just like in the old Design Manager). That's just one of many exmaples where the new drag and drop reveals its weaknesses. 

80 Commentaires
Nielsv
Membre

Hi This is a great idea to make the use of branded elements without having to create a multitude of templates for one time use.

Sey
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Totally agree! Just having a nightmare with a global customer who wants to do newsletters "on brand" in every country (and every country has their own marketing person who does it). Drag & drop is brilliant, but they need a company template that can be just selected from the templates list. Currently using a master email template for each country which they only clone and edit. Not ideal, but better than letting them loose in Design Tool...

SeanWiklund
Contributeur

Hi,

I just came back from 6 months paternity leave and was told by a HubSpot representative about the drag & drop-feature, when I called her about the fact that I don't know how to work clever with the design manager. FINALLY! I've been wanting this functionality for years. Years!

Therefore I also completely agree with the creator of this idea/thread. It's crucial to not having to start over again, but being able to save a few template designs - still in drag & drop mode. Making sure choice of font(s), colours, sizes, footer, header or any other chosen modules will be displayed the same in all templates.

Don't know why this idea isn't upvoted more than it is? It really puzzles me. How can people be that satisfied with the custom templates? Maybe it's mainly our sales colleagues who are hanging around in the HubSpot Idea group?

Anyway, until this is a feature, I have created a "blunt" email that never will be sent, working as a master. Then I'll have to clone that and replacing/removing information. Quite time consuming but still, WAY better than being forced into the design manager just because I'd like to add a few elements in an email.

And, yes. Please let me delete or hide the drag & drop templates I don't want to use. Or, just put "Personally created templates" in the top - if there would be any of them saved.

PS. I really really, REALLY hope HubSpot can put more development in the drag & drop functionality in general. I will never, ever, switch back to custom templates again, now that this is a feature. 🙂

Thank you!

MerleS
Participant

It would already be helpful, if I could at least safe different elements as "template" so I can re-use them later in other emails. 

matt_scott
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Platinum

At the moment we're having to clone old emails and edit but a propper template would be super useful!
+1

fabcolombi
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Agree! This would both partners and clients lives easier!

Arnaud42
Membre

I would also really need this! The email width settings are not that useful if it doesn't affect the drag&drop templates. 

JimHarris
Contributeur

Any updates on this?

This is something we need at our company.

Wibeke
Membre

Really need this for my clients

cph_design
Contributeur

My company is looking for this functionality also!

dave_heywood88
Participant

Basically, if we could add a flexible content module to an email which can have drag and drop elements, custom branded, flexible templates can be easily created!

amanda_fms
Participant

Yes this would be a much better use of email templates for those of us that produce templates for other people to use. 

Willsweet
Participant

+1 on this from me!

I contact support and they suggested making a D&D template ( setting my fonts, colours and other branded aspects) and then getting the team to duplicate each time. This is a decent work-around for now, but I really want to be able to set the defaults / get the template to pull from the HubSpot main email settings in the back to save time and make things on-brand by default.

My mantra in building all our previous templates was 'on-brand by default' and now I'm kinda struggling to implement it, which increases our quality control / proofing time considerably - effectively costing us more money (time) to send emails.

folked
Contributeur de premier rang

Must-have. Current template selection is useless because it does not meet corprote design guidelines!

fazzio349
Contributeur

I would be highly disappointed if this didn't make it into the finished product. Our sales and CS teams constantly send users and customers emails, and there are probably about 50 or so different kinds of layouts they use. My choices are either create 50 non-customizable templates or right now, I'm having to keep a drag and drop email in "draft" mode so they can clone it each time to send out a new email. These people just want to get their jobs done...they don't have time (nor the understanding) on our specific brand guidelines to add in custom modules for the headers and footer and reconfigure our button styles, text colors, etc. each time.

sfloehle
Participant
Nothing to add just a massive feature to have!
marinacordeiro

Awesome!

koivuniemi
Membre | Partenaire solutions

This is exactly what we need. It's so simple to create email templates in other email marketing tools.

mediagarcia
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

I agree with this. This would be helpful for scaling marketing efforts with drag and drop emails.

ShariM
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

I would like to see the possibilty to create custom email templates for clients that can be edited by the users with the drag and drop email editor (not the design editor). This would allow us to set the styles, colors, fonts, linespacing, create background colors, etc. and even add custom modules, which could then be edited (or at least removed...or moved) by the user. Our clients are requesting flexible templates that let their users easily add content  to specific newsletter sections, so it can be added or deleted as needed (such as an upcoming events, event recaps, news, job openings, new partners, etc). Sections that aren't needed in a particular email could be easily deleted then.