HubSpot Ideas

klichthart

Create new Inbox Conversation based on Form Fill with Correct "From" line

We use a HubSpot form on our "contact us" page. Currently we run those form-fills through zapier to create a new ticket in Freshdesk so that our customer service team can reply from there. 

I'd like to move my customer service team to the HubSpot environment so that they don't have to use two systems (one for email [freshdesk] and one for chat [HubSpot]). Unfortunately I can't figure out how to create a new Conversation based on a HubSpot form fill that also retains the customers email address in the "From" line so that our CS reps can respond to them directly from the inbox. Seems like it would be an natural use case to continue a converastion from the HS inbox that began with a HS form fill.

If this issue were to be solved we could get our chat initiative off the ground faster. 

Thanks.

9 Replies
louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

I just had the same idea. I totally agree! That would be very nice!

davidrevis
Contributor

Me too. Managing forms in the same way as group email or live chat in the conversations would be a great idea!

lukemyszka

This is 100% mission critical for my team. The info is being passed on via "reply-to" on inbound messages - we just need for Hubspot to be able to recognize it instead of just replying to the sender's "from" address. 

sallen106

I have also been searching for the answer to this question. 

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

We totally agree that getting form submissions into the Conversations inbox is critical to a number of business processes and are working through this now!

klichthart

Fantastic. Glad this is being worked on. Thanks, mfreiert!

If there is an estimated timeline for completion we would appreciate it.

commonevolution
Participant

One of the most poorly designed features I've ever seen. Fix these MAJOR design defects. Advertising an integrated platform...without integrating with yourself is misleading and time wasting. Not only that but the customer service reps have very little understanding of how the system works and how a business might actually use it.

Multipole fails on Hubspot.

cambria
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

We released this feature back in June and I'm excited to announce that we now support all forms as a channel in the Inbox (in beta) and we look forward to rolling it out to you all! You can connect regular contact forms to create conversations in the Inbox, in addition to automatically creating tickets from those submissions. 

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form and we'll give you access as soon as we can.

JEvans91

Is this still in Beta 2+ years later?