HubSpot Ideas

vanessahunt

Create 'global' picklist value set

It would be useful to be able to create 'global' picklist value set that you can reference from different objects in HubSpot.

For example, you might have a "product interest" list of values that you want to specify for a Contact and then also reference in a Deal. Also useful for referencing lists of Countries or sales territories.

I know you can duplicate Properties across objects and use a a Workflow to set the value, but this feels a little overkill for a Workflow and a bit clunky. 

Salesforce has a similar capablity:

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=fields_creating_global_picklists.htm&type=5&language=en...

5 Replies
vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I realise that we can also use the 'Load options' to use values from another property when first creating a property, but I don't believe this synchronises with the values from the orignal source property? Please correct me if I am wrong 😁 

AJohnsson
Participant

Global value sets needs to exist. Please implement this. 

ChadHorn

That there was no Global Picklist Value Set option as of July 17, 2023 is the biggest shocker as a new Hubspot user and the biggest shocker of my professional career. ⚠️ @vanessahunt Consider me an ally in this endeavor!

CMcphail2

Having the same feature as salesforce where you just update the one Picklist and it updates all the properties that use that picklist will be super helpful. Everytime we hire a new employee or offboard someone, I have to manually updating over 40 properties so that the HubSpot <> Salesforce picklists match up. It's tedious and very irritating. There is a mass need for this!

AnnieRECIPE
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes please! 

Otherwise, we have to update 2 platforms, to support the picklist items that are customer/end-user facing.