HubSpot Ideas

JessicaReed

Create folders within 'attachments' section to easier manage documentation.

I am wondering if there is a way to upload the 'attachments' on a contacts page to be in folders instead of just uploading into a bit of an unorganised mess.

If that makes sense. For example with recruitment purposes, if we could create a 'Compliance' folder within EACH contacts page in the attachments section where I could upload any right to work documentation, passport details, etc etc & then another such as a 'Contract' folder that we could keep all contractual documentation, your employee signed contracts, employee details & bank details and so on, together in an easy to find location without having to root through all uploads. 

I believe the attachment section could still automatically uplaod everything but then ideally i would like to be able to file these documents into easy access locations.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
March 11, 2024 11:15 AM

Apologies about access challeneges! I just updated permissions to the google form. Let me know if you are still unable to access the Google Form. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
March 11, 2024 10:13 AM

We have an exciting update! We are preparing for a private beta for the new and improved record attachments experience. This experience will include an expanded table view for all record attachments with details like file type, source, size, uploaded date AND enable users to filter/search/sort their attachments to bubble up the files they care most about.

We are looking for a small pool of customers who may want early access to the new experience and be willing to share feedback with us. Please submit your details in the google form if you're interested in the Beta and and we will automatically grant you access to the new attachments experience the week of 4/1.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
October 12, 2023 01:19 AM

Hello HubSpot Community,

As we work towards designing a robust file management system for records, we are looking to connect with members of the community who may be interested in providing feedback on a few potential solutions. At HubSpot we heavily lean on this customer feedback to inform our solution designs and product direction. Please submit this form to let us know if you would be open to engaging via a call or over email and we will reach back out to you. 

Look forward to connecting with you. 

- Tania

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
August 26, 2023 06:39 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience during the lengthy radio silence on this thread. We hear you loud and clear. Our team is currently researching and prioritizing the work required to enhance attachments. I can confirm that enhancements to attachments are coming soon. However, I am unable to share precise details around delivery timelines at this time. I will keep the community updated on this thread. We will also continue to monitor the use cases submitted on this thread as we work towards delivering a solution so please keep the feedback coming.

Thank you as always for your patience and continued feedback, it helps us shape our roadmap and build a better product.

- Tania

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
June 29, 2021 11:02 AM

Hi all!

Lily here, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s record page.  Thank you for your feedback and upvotes!

We understand how important it is to easily find and access the items you need on the record page, and that the ability to organize your attachments could help ease friction. However, the list of improvements to the record page is long and this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we're working on right now. 

We are always re-evaluating our top priorities, so please keep the upvotes and comments coming so we can track more use cases and relative importance. 

Thanks, 

Lily

101 Kommentare
davidrevis
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We're trying to see how we can use Hubspot to have all our customer data in one place. This includes many documents, contracts, NDAs etc. The attachments section on a company page isn't enough to help us organise this and there don't seem to be any integrations for document management apps that could help us. Changing the attachments section to a file structure system with folders would be a great answer to our needs.

arzasa
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with all of the above posts on this issue.   More specifically, enterprise deals often have various categories of documents shared back and forth, having the ability to organize will help Sales orgs that leverage HubSpot. 

clevans
Mitglied

I was just looking for this exact thing. Folders for attachments in the company and contacts records itself would be extremely helpful in organizing and locating specific documents. We have a large number of documents that various departments need to access when processing deals/sales and this would assist them in finding their required documents quickly and easily.

kevin15
Mitglied

Was just looking into this and I agree that it would be great to organize the documents in the attachments section on the company record. Like you, we send a lot of NDA's, Sales Orders, etc. and I find the nature of the documents to be consistent. So being able to organize the attachments so we can find documents quickly and easily would save my team a lot of time. 

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer! Would be useful to have folders in the Attachments cards for grouping documents that users upload for instance, similar to how there can be folders under Sales > Documents

clawson
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed! We would like the ability to keep different types of attachments organized within folders in the company record (for example, all annual agreements, or all of the marketing collateral they share with us that we use to create their listing and go back and reference for PR pieces). The ability to attach a folder at once would also be helpful.

Dmitry_K
Mitglied

Agree, having folders within company attachment section is very useful.

chaddiller
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Gold Partner

YES! Please add attachment folders!

lauren0505
Mitglied

We are also trying to find a way to keep several types of documents related to specific clients in one place.  PLEASE add folders in the attachment section soon!!

Pcr
Mitglied

Hi, any way tho do this with an external app ? Such as Sharepoint or Onedrive ?

devclive
Mitglied

Folders would be an awesome addition

SBaksh
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with all the above responses; we have various documents we attach for our customers/prospects. Having folders would be the best thing ever! It's like a file cabinet of data and easier to find docs.

Thanks -Sheriza Baksh

liberworm
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Folders and the ability to organize attachments is a huge need for us. We have over 10 teams in HS ranging from sales to support and they all use attachments and they are all asking for the ability to organize them. 

pcosentino
Mitglied

Something has to be done HubSpot with your "attachments" feature.  It is completely not usable for a high growth company with many attachments (both manual and automatic).  I am surprised since the original request 2 years ago nothing has been added/resolved/implemented.  I strongly recommend you incorporate some sort of organization to your attachments feature.  Please do so before other vendors are considered as a CRM solution. 

marcella
Mitglied

We need the ability to attach documents.  When will this be implemented? Thank you.

JMcDaniel
Mitglied

So much yes!!!! Folders, Folders, Folders! ***crowd chanting***

slocknar
Mitglied

Please implement this ASAP. Version control now is a nightmare. A feature that removes duplicates would also be useful as we often end up with many copies of the same file in the system.

KKang
Mitglied

PLEASE FOLDERS SOON! thank you so much!!!

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
LRosenbloom
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all!

Lily here, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s record page.  Thank you for your feedback and upvotes!

We understand how important it is to easily find and access the items you need on the record page, and that the ability to organize your attachments could help ease friction. However, the list of improvements to the record page is long and this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we're working on right now. 

We are always re-evaluating our top priorities, so please keep the upvotes and comments coming so we can track more use cases and relative importance. 

Thanks, 

Lily

AMaillet
Mitglied

100%, folders for attachments would be awesome. Or maybe different attachment sections?