HubSpot Ideas

leonlee

Create easy folder to manage website pages

Me:
Hi, im new to Hubspot. For now i want to do a change over / Revamp my whole website. Whats is the best way to do it? for now... i can see under the website page, its categorized as draft, scheduled, published, A/B tests and Archived. Can't i create a new folder so its easier to see and would not be mixed with other draft pages... its so messy. So i went to the designer manager page and created a folder "New Website Project" but because i used some template for my website, some files i still have to find for example.

Hotspot team: 

Hope you're well, and thanks for getting in touch with HubSpot Support, happy to help here!

I understand that you're trying to organise the pages you have - and you're definitely right that it can look a little messy if you have multiple domains.

I can see that you have quite a few domains for your website pages - and we can sort through them by clicking on the dropdown at the top of this page, right beside "Website Pages". I've also attached a screenshot of this for your easier reference.

Once you select a particular domain, then the pages inside the "Draft", "Archived", "Publish" folders will reflect pages only from that domain to make things cleaner for you 🙂

I've also checked in with my team about custom folders - but as the product stands now, I'm afraid we're currently unable to create them for pages. 

Me:  thanks i get what you meant. but its still messy even with selected domain. My 'www.example.com' already have around 20+ web pages active 20+ draft which i moved all my draft to archive already...in order/ just to make the Draft as my new folder where i can put my new webpages, Currently i think you hubspot can create folder under the designer platform.

But

1. its also very hard to manage the files.

2. its messy when i want to further customize a template i'm using and i cant find where that template source code are!

3. I don't know if i drag the different files from the specific template files and drop into my 'New Created folder', will it affect my links, and URL codes, etc.

4. There isn't a way where i can just prepare my website completely and when im ready with just a button/ switch i can switch my old website out to my new website? (you can slowly remove a page add in new page one by one but its very slow and tedious). 
Please help do justice for and newbies and make it more userfriendly!

3 Replies
KjerstiBakke
Participant | Partner

This is a great suggestion. We have similar need. It is a good way to structure inside admin, but also a good way to structure the website.

I really hope this idea will get enough votes to be concidered by HubSpot.

br

Kjersti Bakke

Dikom as

Norway

ianmcilwainvc

I agree that this would be an excellent idea.  We have hundreds of pages in three different languages on our site and it would be great to be able to organize them a little bit better.

theAndreyK
Contributor | Partner

This would be especially useful for "In Development" pages. In the new (beta) system we're essentially skipping the design manager and pages show up much earlier in the process. It would be great to have those out of the way. 

In the current setup, clients are annoyed that the pages they regularly use and update aren't at the top because of the very much "in-progress" website pages that get updated more frequently.