HubSpot Ideas

KaraBarnes

Create associations between the same object (company to company, contact to contact, deal to deal)

Hi

It would be fantastic to extend the new Associations feature to cover same-type object associations.

This is so we can map out associations between companies e.g. competitors, customers, partners and so on. In our context this helps us easily scale prospecting. 

Then it'd be helpful to do the same with contacts (for example - Joe knows Bob from a previous company) and deals (for example - these deals are part of the same overall opp)

Thanks!

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
December 11, 2023 08:23 AM

Hi All! Maggie here from HubSpot's product team. I'm excited to announce that we rolled out same object type associations to all customers last week! Thank you for all of your feedback and testing along the way. All of our knowledge base articles are update to reflect this new functionality. Check out the following if you have any questions:

ステータスに更新: In Beta
October 18, 2023 08:13 AM

We're excited to announce that support for creating associations between objects of the same type is now in beta! This functionality exists for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects(with an Enterprise subscription). To get access, click on the carat in the upper righthand corner of HubSpot, select "Product Updates" and select the Betas section under "Early Access." Join the beta called "Asssociate Records of the Same Object Type."

ステータスに更新: In Planning
August 22, 2022 06:13 AM

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. I wanted to post a quick status update on this idea. It's on the roadmap and once we are further along I'm looking forward to providing more details. I also want you to know that we've reviewed every comment on this post and appreciate all of your input. Above all, the HubSpot product team aims to solve for our customers' greatest challenges and forums like this are key to ensuring we can do that.

Your continued feedback is very helpful for our team to keep this work prioritized, so please keep the use cases and comments coming!

Thank you for your input!
Rachel

69件のコメント
Susan_P
参加者

I agree @KaraBarnes 

We were very excited by the beta of association and labels but there is no Deal to Deal associations which we sorely need.

i.e.

Parent Deal - Umbrella deal eg. Software/Portal/Platform

Child Deals  - Hardware like Sensors/Data Cards for each client application they decide to take within their infrastructure/system or child deal based on each project/phase of construction/build

KaraBarnes
参加者

Exactly! I'm really hopeful that this will be picked up asap, there are so many valuable use cases for what appears (from the outside looking in!) to be an easy rollout. I think the idea is being reviewed by the developers at the moment so hopefully we get an update soon.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey team, raising this for a customer here.

There would be times when certain deals are related to each other. Would be great if we can enable association across deals.

Thanks!

SEggleston
メンバー

This would be a huge feature for our team that we really need to be even more successful!

SamuelBanks
参加者 | Elite Partner

This would be an absolutely massive update if it came into effect. We're finding that clients are requesting child and parent relationships between deals/tickets etc that are directly related. 

NCO
トップ投稿者

+1 here

LWhiting
メンバー

Yes, we need this too. 

Assoicating Companies to Companies. Not just in a Parent/Child relationship but linking companies that have Banking Relationship and who their major charity affilicate is. 

RRodriguez9
メンバー

This would be a game changer on several fronts. 

A use case I would find interesting is the ability to link support tickets to a master ticket. This would be great for reporting, follow ups, and being able to quickly identify known issues. 

KudosMedia
メンバー | Platinum Partner

This is definitely a must. So many of our clients want to track referrals, which contacts referred which contacts.... or partners/spouse... and also in Deals... We have lost Sales to Salesforce and Zoho because of this. 

MFall13
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Parent/child, contact/emergency contact, partner/spouse, etc! Lot's of missed relationships/associations here wihtout same object association capaibilities.

AAisa
メンバー

This is a must. I can not understand why is not available...

Kalpesh_VCare
メンバー

This is a must have feature. Associating companies in different ways is a massive feature. This feature was available out of the box in pipedrive but not available in hubspot.

kfavaloro
参加者

This would be really useful

KHeyen
メンバー

This is so very disappointing and frustrating that this type of relationship is not possible. Has there been any update or feedback provided from Hubspot? 

Kalpesh_VCare
メンバー
No, there is no update from Hubspot. I also feel like that they don’t really care. The marketing module of Hubspot is good but CRM is very basic and they do oversell it and you cannot get out of contracts as well.

ステータスに更新: In Planning
rwebb1
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. I wanted to post a quick status update on this idea. It's on the roadmap and once we are further along I'm looking forward to providing more details. I also want you to know that we've reviewed every comment on this post and appreciate all of your input. Above all, the HubSpot product team aims to solve for our customers' greatest challenges and forums like this are key to ensuring we can do that.

Your continued feedback is very helpful for our team to keep this work prioritized, so please keep the use cases and comments coming!

Thank you for your input!
Rachel

NCO
トップ投稿者

Thank you for this update, @rwebb1 .

Communication is 90% of the battle and updates like this go a long way.

JWhelan1
参加者

@rwebb1 it's great to hear that this is on the roadmap, and I'm going to be following this thread to keep abreast of updates!

Association labels are great for inter-object relationships, but we're really missing them for contact-contact, deal-deal (as others have said) and, mainly in our case, company-company.

Our business sells software B2B, and we have a strong network of partner companies who provide software to mutual customers of ours. We use properties to mark that some companies are customers and others are partners, but we have a recurring need to mark that a partner is a supplier to one of our customers, e.g. their payment provider, web developer, or an industry body they are a member of. Parent-child relationships don't work for this due to the n:1 rather than n:n nature of most of those relationships.

We currently use the (messy, and difficult to maintain) workaround of using paired properties on customers and partners where web domain is used as a key field. For instance, we have a "web designer for" multi-dropdown property against partner records where we enter the web domain(s) of the mutual customers they work with, and a "website built by" property against customer records where we enter the web domain of the partner they work with.

Having the ability to define custom company-company web development, software provider, payment provider associations would be a huge improvement to the way we use the CRM. 

Kalpesh_VCare
メンバー

We use a messy method and this is so basic – Hubspot needs to prioritise this feature asap.

We moved from Pipedrive to Hubspot mainly due to marketing module but from CRM point of view we have gone backwards !

We were able to set such custom relationships between companies very easily.

Our customers are pharmacies, care homes and NHS health organisations UK.

And they are also each other’s customers and have relationship.

It is very important for us to model it in CRM so that we can create network marketing but this basic thing has not been thought by Hubspot which is disappointing !

@rwebb1  - we really need this feature desperately.

Thank you

mfisch
メンバー

++1 for this.

We're trying to track customers of our customers, who we need to service and treat differently than regular customers.

Using parent/child functionality for this is very problematic.