HubSpot Ideas

elihermans

Create approval workflow depending on discount

Hi,

Now we can make quote approval workflow, based on the amount of the deal, for example when the deal is under a certain amount, the quotes can get automatically approved. 

It would be usefull, if a discount is added to a quote, the approval workflow is started.

best regards

Eli

20件のコメント
NoudAMT
参加者

This would be a great addition to the quote approval workflow. I don't need to approve quotes that use standard pricing.

JB-AMTech
投稿者

This would be helpful to our business - if approval was only needed when quotes had been discounted!

Cydney
参加者

We also are looking for this functionality. Specifically on discounts within the quote. I would like to assign approvers to certain discount thresholds, so a salesperson cannot push through a quote with a significant discount without a senior member of our team reviewing first.

JForde
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Hi,

Could we even be able to roll up the total discount up to the Deal?

Thanks,

JB-AMTech
投稿者

Is there an update on this?

KChelsberg
投稿者

I completely agree that this should be possible through a workflow scenario based on $ volume or discount %.  Upvote.  

LRios
メンバー

Totally, just chatted in today about this. I don't need or want to micromanage my reps on every quote they send out. Only if it requires a certain discount percentage or other variables. 

JuanGomez0818
キーアドバイザー

Hi at this moment I'm activation the quotes module, but to make approvals of the quote, you need to approve each quote and this is a little upsetting because the sales representative make changes to the quote many times.

Thats why would be very helpful to send the approval notification when the quote had a percent of discount major to x number. With this change, the supervisor doesn't waste the time and only focuses on quotes with big discounts.

Thanks.

MInvernizzi
メンバー

It would be very useful for our company to be able to send approval requests to managers only for specific discounts applied from the sales rep. Is it in the roadmap? thanks.

JFinnegan
参加者

Hi 

Is there any update to this idea. Every other property is avialble to select in a Quote based workflow with the exception of %'s.

This surely is a standard fucntionality of Quote Workflows. I don't see the value in paying extra for this fucntionality to be unlocked without it?

How do you manage this in Hubspot?

Look forward to hearing your suggestions

Thanks

Jo

EKraaijenzank
参加者

We would be very interested in this feature as well. 

In addition, if we could specify who should approve the quote and discount, based on the deal type that would be awesome.

As different deal types with discounts reflect different departments/budgets in our company.

BFuller
メンバー

This is a huge roadblock for us. 

I can navigate the workflows and use if/then on approval permissions. The main issue is that we can't do a line item based action on a quote based workflow. If we could, I could easily apply logic on the "unit price" and "net price" product properties. 

Otherwise, if there is a "discount" calculation that I could copy to a deal property. But there really isn;t any logic around discounts other than complex reports. And reports don't do anythong for workflows.

Having searched every avenue for this, we really should be able to have a process for approvals based on discounts

MParry8
メンバー

3 years in the making and still no update to this? Approval process is basically useless without it.

Ahmed_Hassan
参加者

Hello HubSpot Team, any updates on this?

CWoodforth
メンバー

This is a very logical idea, which can help us and make the quote approvals feature useful without creating unnecessary roadblocks for our sales team. 

CEspinosa38
メンバー

No news on this? we really need it.

DMeahl
メンバー

This functionality is vital in streamlining out quoting process. 

aromo2
メンバー

This is a serious roadblock to the quoting tool, and a feature that's available in other platforms like salesforce. Hoping this will get prioritized ASAP. The quoting tool as it stands today is mainly useful for SMB's, but for any medium or enterprise level companies it can't work without creating inefficiency.

AMcKee
メンバー | Diamond Partner

Has there been any progress on this request? Its a basic function of quotes and needs adding asap. 

Ahmed_Hassan
参加者

We would very much like to have this feature as well please.