Create and share task queues with other users

I created some queues for my tasks to organize the tasks.  Sometimes I need to pass a task to someone else to complete.  It would be great to have the ability to share queues, so shared tasks in a queue would already appear in the correct queue for the person who inherit the task.

HubSpot updates
Create and share task queues with other usersHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Planning
08-01-2019

Hi HubSpot Community,

Scott from the product team here.  We are priotizing this work in the coming weeks have a prototype ready for feedback. If anyone would like to participate in our usability testing next week, please submit your name on the following form and we'll reach out to schedule a time with you: https://forms.gle/LPUbTTsawgkU4d9e7

Here's a sneak peak of the feature:

Tasks_Main_W_Shared_Queue.png

We'll use this time as an opportunity to chat through your use case and to walk you through our proposed solution. 

Thank you!

Scott

changed to: In Planning
02-12-2019

02-12-2019

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we do plan on working on in the near future. The development team needs to do some final planning but expect this functionally at some point in Q2 this year. 

4 weeks ago

@timwright @TommyG - this feature is currently under development. I will update the issue status to "In Beta" once the feature is available. Stay tuned. 

95 Replies
JKrug
New Contributor

Great idea.  I would add that it would also be helpful to have shared access to a Queue.  As a manager, I could assign tasks to the team and then we could review the team Queue to review all tasks and the status of each.  

HubSpottin

Yep, let's make this happen! 

lkenny
New Contributor

Would love to assist with this testing! 

Asterix
New Contributor

Would defintely apprecaute this functionality.  We add a team as part of our workflow and would like to see this feature!

toricook
Regular Contributor

Yes, THIS. ^^^^

I agree that, as a Sales Manager, I would like the ability to created Task Queues for the entire sales team (for things like weekly sales calling hours). Task Queues would need to show the owner in one of the columns. This would help sales managers make target lists for the sales team to reach out.

Mart
Occasional Contributor

it would be great if we were able to assign the task to a team, rather than an individual, and then members of that team either assign the task to themselves, or the task is assigned to each of them until one of them works on it.

I.e. ideally it be great to be of to manage the tasks between teams, and those teams have their own individual queues

you would then have tasks, assigned to a team, and to individuals / or tasks to be assigned

as above having visibility on whether the task been completed or would be great.

bschleicher
New Contributor

Fully aggree - would be very useful

Brucey
New Contributor

Agree with @Mart that the ability to assign a task to a team would be great. To be able to view those tasks in a shared queue by all of the team members. Where tasks can then be allocated to individuals. Yet remain linked to the shared queue, for tracking of task status to completion.

TommyG

Can hubspot update where they are with building this feature? Really would add a lot of value for our team if we can get an overview of tasks per person

timwright
New Contributor

@sjudson Any updates on this thread? Can I have access to the beta?