HubSpot Ideas

bhascher

Create an option at Sales Analytics to forecast on Deal Stage % or Forecast probability %

At Sales > Forecast, forecasting is calculated by Forecast probability percentage.

At Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics > Forecasts & Pipelines, forecasting is calculated by Deal stage percentage.

It makes no sense that this is different. Forecast probability is commonly the most accurate one. Please make it an option at the Sales Analytics report to calculate Forecast based on Deal stage percentage or Forecast probability percentage.

Probably the same option applies for the Object at Sales > Forecast.

3 Replies
SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

The introduction of overlapping forecast/weighting percentages in the pipline stages and in the forecast category setup seems to be confusing and - frankly - very badly thought through. What's even worse is that the category setup puts an arbitrary limit hard of only 5 (yes five!)  different percentage weight amounts that can be applied for each pipeline - even when you can define a more or less unlimited number of forecast categories.

The only saving grace here is that you can switch this off and assign the weighting percentages yourself in a workflow - but I really wish that the workflow could access those percentages you so carefully set up in the pipeline stages that end up not actually actually doing very much.

bhascher
Contributor

Thanks for the reply @SteveHTM ,I am not sure though if we're talking about the same issue.

There's probably a lot to say about the automation feature in the forecast category setup, however this is not where my idea is about. Neither is it about the use of Forecast categories.

We don't use this automation feature, we prefer to manually manage forecast probability, and we forecast on this weighting percentage. This percentage is also used by Hubspot at Sales > Forecast. So the amounts you see there are based on the percentage of the forecast probability field.

However the Sales Analytics reports does not. These reports (like the manual forecast report) weighs on deal stage. This shows a different forecast than on the other section of Hubspot. To us, these analytics reports are useless and we have to build our own.

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Clarification - my support is for the adoption of a single set of pipeline weighting percentages to drive forecasting and reporting functions, rather than two overlapping sets of numbers. Hope that's helpful.