HubSpot Ideas

BryanRonnex

Create an archive for templates & sequences

When I am sending templates/sequences, it takes too much time to find the ones I am currently using because all the old ones fill the options for 'recent templates' despite the fact that i havent used them in a while. 

Can you create an archive that allows templates/sequences to be excluded from the 'recent templates' list? The current way it works makes it difficult to use multiple templates and/or sequences at a time, because I have to browse and find them in 'all templates'. 

I cannot delete the old ones because data would go lost on send-open-click rates. 

16 Replies
mcarron
Participant

I would love to have this option, as well. If nothing else, I'd love to hear about how others are managing their templates in this way, or what best practices are suggested by HS for archiving old sequences/templates.

BryanRonnex

@mcarron, i have a folder with old (i call them 'retired') sequences. It doesnt solve the problem, but it creates overview in my old/active sequences. Write me to connect bro@timelog.com if you wan

spanishgringo
Participant

The idea of archived templates should apply to both SALES and MARKETING.

Another way would be to have templates include an option  "Active=Yes/No". 

BryanRonnex

Good thinking @spanishgringo - that would solve it! 🙂

Blink
Contributor

I'd like to be able to archive Templates and Sequences so they can no longer be sent/enrolled, but I'd still have access to their performance data. From there, the ability to "clone" an archived template or sequence so I can edit and update it for a new campaign would be fantastic.

We are in the highly seasonal business of team sports, so I create new templates/sequences for the various sports each year. I'm suggeseting this idea because I recently had two users enroll their contacts lists into last year's sequences. 

I hesitate to just delete old templates and sequences because I like having the analytics from those efforts to help shape how I create subsequent sequences for the same group.

Svea
Participant

We have several email templates, that are deactivated and not longer used. Since some of them are still used for some campaigns we dont want to delete them.

What I want though is that we can hide the ones we dont want to use - so that they dont show up as options when creating a new email.

PurelyHRCait

this ^ 

We have the same issue. We have lots of outdated templates that we don't want to lose reporting on- but we definitely don't want to be accidentally using them or seeing them in our active template list.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

I'm updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" in an effort to be transparent about which issues are being prioritized within the next several cycles of work that our team will build. Later this year, we will be reviewing several projects related to the administration of sequences and sales content, which will give us a chance to dig deeper into the need to archive sales content like sequences, templates, snippets, and documents.

One [somewhat] similar issue to follow is the ability to add folders within folders in sales content. Doing this would solve some of the issues of organization, but would not cover all of the use-cases that, from reading the comments, could be done with an "archive". 

I will continue to follow this post, and will provide an update if prioritize this issue.

Best,

Glen

SBINREV

+1

llacey

Is there any update on this issue of archiving sequences? I see this last post is from April 2020.  If you can't archive old sequences, is there a recommended process for keeping your templates and sequences up to date and highlighting the ones you want to use for the new year?

JennaWB
Participant

Hi! I would like to bring this back to the fold. The challenge with the solution of using folders is when you are using the search box in the gmail chrome extension it shows you all from all folders. As search is usually the fastest way to bring up the right template, being able to archive them to prevent cluttering up the search results would make a big difference to the workflow.

CCoupeScott

Agreed - the inability to archive templates and sequences is impacting our organization of Hubspot. 

ewager

+1 on this idea. We want to have the performance data from these old sequences/templates but don't want them cluttering the searches. 

kailacummings

+1 on this idea please

RTrocano
Participant

+1 on this idea - - - and for tempaltes as well

hoyahess

Dear Hubspot Product Team,

Plus 1.  This request has staying power and has continued to garner support over the last 7 years.  In the spirit of optimizing the performance of our sequences and templates; we should keep the data and not delete them.  Nor should we risk having users use an old one.  Please revisit and consider a half-step rather than a full-featured elegant solution.  Thank you!