HubSpot Ideas

HLanger

Create a list of workflow errors

I would like the option to create a list of workflow errors.

When you go to 'workflows with errors' and click on a workflow that encountered some errors, you can see a list of actions that errored for each contact. I am missing an option here (or in the contact list builder) to create a list of all contacts and all actions that errored.

Currently there is no option to do this. Creating such a list would make it easier to create follow-up actions for errored actions like sending an email again, recreating tasks, etc.

26 Replies
Mathieu1

I would also add that it would be magic to have a "Retry" button. 

Will42
Participant | Platinum Partner

HubSpot, how we coming on this one?

There's few people asking for it perhaps, but it's a big need for onboarding and big builds.  Just ran a 40k workflow, throwing 150-ish errors of deals that were not associated to contacts.  This is a user input issue with the client, but HS isn't giving me any tools to address the issue.  Great, I can see the problem, now I'm suppose to click 1 by 1 through them all?  

Export to static list would give me a both a place to start the work, but also something to provide to the client for them to see the scope, reach and possibly cause, of the issue.  

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

commenting on behalf of a customer's use case:

They're using an external integration to sms contacts but the workflow returned errors in that "Send SMS" step from the integration, due to the contacts not having valid phone numbers. 

Apart from copy pasting the names on the page manually then adding that to Excel, there's no way to create a list of these affected contacts (50+) who encountered this error. Given that it's an external send SMS step too, it's not something that can be filtered for in lists.

Jbigs

Bumping this -- can we get an update Hubspot?

HvanSteeg

Same here for me.

lfontana
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this! It would be a great feature to have. 

ABabb2
Participant

Upvoting this. Sorely needed. 

DLarrosa

Can we please get an update on this? Seems pretty simple and important 

sjunnila
Member | Partner

Much needed! Both the ability to "retry" enrollment & the ability to export a list of contacts with error reasons for further processing would considerably ease the day.

NMishra5

much needed asap. 

BGebhard

I really need one list of errors with a filter for "which workflow" so I can easily address issues

JennieHuettel

Agreed, this is needed!

AStrong5

Upvoted.  We get a lot of misspelled email domains in our contact email addresses. I'd like to export a list of errors so I can compile all the invalid domains and filter a list to suppress against on all sends.  Currently I'm doing this manually by going through the errors log each week and adding them to the list. 

JPrabhu

I have a workflow which has if/else. I need to collect list of contacts which are falling in either bucket. Can this workflow list error will help it.

TH7
Contributor

Drowning in errors over here. Please help me organize them into lists so I know which contacts to re-enroll in what.

ElaineSN
HubSpot Employee

+1 on behalf of.a customer. This would be enormously helpful in the cases where an email does not deliver and you need to re-enroll to another send-list or workflow.

ADodge9
Member | Gold Partner

Dear Workflow PMs, we need this for the next latest and greatest workflow evoluting! Thank you:-)

HaVdb
Contributor

Yes!! Creating lists in general based on which branch action they went into would also be a lovely option IMO ...

Uusteri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very Much needed! Specially when having the Operations Hub feature. Fixing an error and then retrying for all contacts that have the error would be amazing. Currently I believe this is a manual task? 

javykixs

this would have been great back in 2021... and still great today. it seems like such an easy feature request. the list is there. just allow us to export it.