HubSpot Ideas

SimonS

Create a list of HubSpot users

Hi,

I would like to be able to pull up a list of HubSpot users active as well as deactivated for all kind of purposes.

Think:

An onboarding workflow for new users

A newsletter with tips and tricks, new features or conventions, lessons learned

Check if former employees have been deactivated

At the moment we create a custom property just to make all this possible while the users probably already are marked by HubSpot when creating and inviting new users.

7 Replies
ryker
Participant

From an administrative standpoint, this functionality would be invaluable.

I would love the ability to create an active list of HubSpot users, as well as an active/smart list of Salesforce users. 

HubSpot already has the ability to read to Salesforce User object, and show whether a contact/company/deal is owned by a deactivated user. So it'd be great to be able to dynamically create lists based on that same information.

Ideal use cases (some mentioned above):

• Onboarding workflows for new users
    • This could also be dictated on their user type/group and/or permissions
  • Newsletter to HubSpot users, informing them of new features/functionalities, best practices, new/updated brand templates to use for external/internal facing communications
  • Ensure that former employees have been deactivated
    • A workflow that could deactivate HubSpot users based on whether they have an deactivated SFDC account would be great.
  • Being able to pull a list of active Salesforce users for regular Salesforce updates/release not communication

Obviously I'm able to make a list of Salesforce users in Salesforce, then import them into a list in HubSpot, but the goal would be to have a living breathing list instead of a manual one.

SimonS
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Indeed Ryke: a living breathing list would make this so much more usable. Seems a no brainer to me and easy to implement I'd assume...

DenisM

I can't even believe we cannot do this now!!  this is an absolute must. 

OliviaM1

Has there been any updates on this?

So what does everyone do in the meantime? Do you just import the list yourself? 

I don't feel that we should have to pay for contacts who are paying to use the tool. But we should absolutley be able to use the product to communicate with them. 

Interesting in learning what you all are currently doing? 

ryker
Participant

@OliviaM1 I'm doing a couple of things to overcome this at the moment...

1. My company uses SSO with HubSpot, so I can easily get into our SSO tool and export a list of active HubSpot users from there and use that to create a list I can use to send email.
  2. I use the HubSpot API to pull a list of 'owners' from the HubSpot Owners API endpoint. There are a couple of flags in the endpoint that show whether the owner is a HubSpot owner/user vs one HubSpot is reading out of our CRM. So, I use that to filter for just Hubspot owners/users.
  3. I haven't done this, but as an option you can use workflows to 'Send Internal Email Notification'. When you add that to a workflow you get a drop-down menu of all the Users or Teams or Owners that you can select to send the email notification. There's no 'select all,' so if you have a lot of users it's a tedius way to select each user if you need to communicate with all users, but it's an options.
    1. HubSpot support created a little how-to video for me not too long ago that outlines how to accomplish this with Workflows. The video shows two options (the first one isn't great), the second one in the video is the one I've outlined above: https://www.loom.com/share/c0ff3e6e48f34f30bfcbb8da732f2e09 

OliviaM1

@ryker solid. Thanks a bunch. It's a start, I can see what we can do with our API as well. 

Thanks again, have a lovely weekend. 

mzebib68
Top Contributor

it's funny you can filter users by any status but not "active" ones..... where is the logic?

mzebib68_0-1664467886613.png