HubSpot Ideas

oren_hac

Create a deal from the deal workflow

With the new deal workflow it would be super helpful to have the option to create a new deal from within it.

For example, we're a saas and we always create a renewal deal for every won deal.

But doing it using the contact workflow doesn't work since it is contact bound and will create a new deal for each individual contact associated with the won deal (which can be quite a lot).

4 Replies
RebeccaNixon
Participant

I completely agree, and we have the exact same issue. I don't know why the deal and company workflows have such limited functionality when compared with the contact workflows; but for the fact that they're relatively new? I'm also surprised that there isn't more activity on this thread... unless there's another one I haven't been able to find which addresses this very issue.

If it were possible to restrict enrolment (into workflows, lists, etc) to only one contact per company, then we could use this as a workaround and employ the contact workflow. But unfortunately as it stands, this would enrol all contacts and therefore create multiple renewal deals.

I would rather have access to the contact functionality in the deal workflows - in all it's beta, buggy glory! - than be restricted from even attempting to use it. I mean, that's what "beta" is, isn't it? You expect that it's not quite fully functional yet. But it seems that what appears in the current beta solution is not beta at all, but is fully-fledged functionality with no access to the actual beta functionality; which would include the other actions that are currently only available in contact workflows.

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

You can now create deals (and tickets) automatically in deal, ticket, and company-based workflows. 

oren_hac
Participant

Nice work!

RebeccaNixon
Participant

Yes! Nice one. Smiley Very Happy