HubSpot Ideas

Jake_Lett

Create a Site Manager

Currently creating a website on HubSpot is page specific. For each page you get to select the domain and theme template. So you could potentially have multiple pages using different themes. In WordPress you can have only one active theme. This makes it easier to understand that if you change your active theme it will cascade for all pages in your "site".

Create a site

1. Choose a business unit (if applicable)
  2. Choose a domain
  3. choose a theme
  4. Edit site settings

Then when you log into hubspot you have a site manager with all of your sites listed. You can clone a site for staging purposes. Instead of content staging... this would become "Site staging".

If you change a domain for a site it would impact all URLs in that site. If you change an active theme in the site it will impact all URLs in that site. etc.

dm-before1.jpg

I attached an old screenshot of Dreamweaver site manager to demonstrate the overall concept.

Thank you for considering this.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

I think this is a neat idea in theory, but the major difference between Wordpress and HubSpot in this case would be that Wordpress was designed to swap themes, the building blocks are the same and the theme is just a design applied on top of that. In HubSpot, every theme has their own custom modules. Pages and modules have unique IDs, how would that translate if you swap a theme?

I could see this working on a FREE theme if the building blocks are identical, but for more robust themes I don't see how this could work.

Although I do agree there needs to be a centralized location for super admin to set the default theme so you don't have people on the team going rogue or choosing the wrong theme.