HubSpot Ideas

nick_lindsey

Create a 'Simple Follow-Up Email' with the new Drag & Drop Email Builder

Just a simple suggestion to make lives a little easier...

Yes, I know that you can create an automated email with the new email builder, and just develop a workflow to do essentially the same thing as a 'simple follow-up'. But it seems like this would be an easy win for the new drag & drop builder. We use these all of the time for our lead gen opportunities. We use them as demo confirmations, thank you emails etc. 

It would be cool if there were three options for the drag & drop email editor when it comes to the types of emails to be built. 

1. Regular - Simple one-off (batch or single send)

2. Automated - 

3. *Simple Follow-Up* 

Just my two cents...

Thanks!

9 Comentarios
Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
Shay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @nick_lindsey , thanks for providing your feedback! We 100% agree with you on this, however we're tackling the problem from a slightly different angle. We're actually planning on getting rid of the Simple Follow-up Email type, and instead letting any automated email work as a follow up email inside a form on a HubSpot page. So instead of having a special type, you'd be able to pick any automated email as your follow up email, and reuse existing automated emails. 

We'd also be converting all existing simple follow up emails to regular automated emails in the process so they're all together. Thoughts on this? Do you think it'd do the trick for you or is there something we may have missed that provides value with the Simple Follow-up type? Thanks!

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
Shay

nick_lindsey
Participante

Hey Shay - 

Yes that would be awesome! That would be a simple, clean and incredibly useful transition. 

Thank you guys for the hard work!

Compuware
Colaborador líder

Yes please add this feature!

faithantion
Colaborador

"We're actually planning on getting rid of the Simple Follow-up Email type, and instead letting any automated email work as a follow up email inside a form on a HubSpot page. So instead of having a special type, you'd be able to pick any automated email as your follow up email, and reuse existing automated emails."

Please add this feature! I've wasted hours fighting with the follow-up email design tool. I'm not an HTML expert and all I want to do is use the automated thank you emails I've already built using drag and drop. The feature you've described would save a LOT of time and frustration.

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
Shay

Shay
Hi all, quick update to this, while we're working on ultimately merging the Simple Follow Up email type into the Automated email type we've added in the ability to create a simple follow up email on the drag and drop email editor. This works the same way as the classic editor, so from within the Forms module on a CMS page you can click to create a new follow up email and you should get the option to pick from either the classic email editor or the drag and drop email editor.
erickievit
Participante

Hi Shay,

This is great stuff and I am happy to hear that you guys are improving this, thanks for that! I already noticed that we can now indeed use the drag and drop email builder if we create a follow up email directly from the form. However, I was wondering where you guys stand in terms of being able to create and draft these emails directly from the email builder. Or that we create an automated email and be able to select that one from the form/landing page settings. 

Best regards, 

Eric

Shay

Hi @erickievit sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. The longer term plan here is to get rid of the Simple Follow Up email type completely and just make these regular "Automated" emails. So you'd be able to create them in the regular email editor and use them either via the "Follow up" dropdown in the Form module or via a Workflow and they'd work just the same. Under the hood this is unfortunately a much more complex change than it'd seem so at the moment we don't have a solid timeframe for that but when it does change we'll make it known 🙂