Create a Follow up Task

When I schedule a task automatically after an email or a call, it forces me to have 8 am as the follow-up time.

It is not yet possible to customize the default time at which a task would be due - as mentioned, the default is currently set to 8:00 AM for all portals.

It would be great to choose a default time inside my work hours. Like 9 am instead of it always auto choosing 8 am and then manually having to adjust. 

12 Replies
StephanyWHP
Regular Contributor

It would be great if you could set default parameters for the "create a follow up task" in general where you can set a default Name, Task Type and Due Time as needed, or even have templates to choose from for different task types. So when you click "Create a follow up Task" there's a drop down and you can pick a template from there and not have to go back and manually edit everything. 

I find myself avoiding the "Create a Follow Up Task" option because I often have to edit everything about it anyway. 

cmulcahey
Regular Contributor

Similar to what's been written here, I simply wish there was an option to set the time.  You can currently set the date of your follow-up task and you should be able to set the time too.

eloyd
Regular Contributor

Also, we'd like to customize the dates for our sales cycles.  <=5 days is just not "right" for us.  We need one week, one month, 2 months, 3 months.  Why can't we do this?

sockclub_custom
Occasional Contributor

We would love this! Our sales cycle is very short, so 3 days is even too much for us! Hubspot is great for automation, so I want to make sure that we allowing our team to think as little as possible about everyday tasks so that they can focus on progress and pushing the company forward. Thank you!

MW
Occasional Contributor

I would love to be able to customize this. Having a defalt that I can set help my team in fewer clicks and makes sure we're all using the same company approved defalt (2 Days)

iannicklin
New Contributor

This would save me so much time not having to change them every time I set up a task 

lotus
New Contributor

Agreed it would be great to change the default time and it would also be great to allocate the follow-up task to another user. I see this suggestion has been waiting for over a year to happen. Please help Hubspot. Thanks so much!

ncrisologo
Occasional Contributor

Agreed! 

I utilize the overdue task tab for my day to day tracking and the tasks will only show up for that day at 5 pm or later (as a default)

eloyd
Regular Contributor

Don't expect any progress on this.  If you're not one of HubSpot's VC-backed primary users, you're nothing.  No suggestions for what they consider "good enough for free software" have been implemented.  Be thankful they don't charge you for what they give you or else switch to SFDC.  HubSpot is what it is and will always be what it is because they just don't really care about making improvements. 

JennPape
Regular Contributor

The new update has changed the default time for tasks to 5PM- which makes NO sense.  Why would a task be due at the end of the work day?  Why not just default to NO time, and allow the user to add one if they want to specify a time?