HubSpot Ideas

WebMechanix-CB

Create Personalization Tokens for Images

IDEA: Allow us to use personalized tokens for sales templates!

Hubspot support confirmed that "we do not have the ability to insert personalized image tokens to pull in a marketing email and/or sales template."

USE CASE: Images are the perfect way to customize an email for Account Based Marketing. We'd like to include a screenshot of the website, a LinkedIn profile, etc.

24 Replies
rcwaters2

I'm 100% in support of this idea!

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' as the team is not planning on this in the next quarter of work.

I would be curious to learn more details for why/how you would like this to work as a token rather than inserting an image directly into a sequence. We have recently updated sequences so that you can insert images into a sequence enrollment, does this help in any way, or do is there some functionality from a token that would make this more effective?

Best,

Glen

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

WebMechanix-CB
Participant | Diamond Partner

@glencornell we'd like to use this for ABM campaigns. Sometimes we use screenshots from a client's website to kickstart a conversation, so the image has to change each time we send a new email out. We also send emails out to partners where we may want to use co-branded logos with updating templates and emails individually.

balth99

We are looking to use a set of individualized images per outbound email (per contact - animated gif, in fact) that has their name dynamically generated inside the gif, and this appears to be impossible in hubspot.  We also would like to be able to attach a captured screenshot as a personalization token (company_url_screenshot).

marykeytours
Participant

I was just asking HS support for this very thing. @Glenn for us, we assign a personal consultant to certain contacts and automatically send them a welcome email introducing their consultant and inviting them to schedule a call. I would love to be able to include the consultant's photo and maybe even a brief bio to help the email feel friendlier and more personalized. I suppose technically I could create separate emails for each consultant and have those sent automatically depending on which one is assigned, but this is a lot of work and it would be so much more convenient to be able to use personalization tokens for images and specific boilerplate chunks of text. 

Alexrott
Contributor

please follow up on this idea! We have the same use case as @marykeytours described: we want to insert a personalized image for each of our sales representative

StevenMErickson
Participant

I would like to see this idea implemented as well. I'd like to email my customer base and include a picture of their account manager. With dozens of account managers, it would be very tedious to build an email from each account manager. 

sgriffey_mla

We'd love this.

We're B2B and would like to include our clients' branding on a services promotion landing page.

(Among many other uses)

CoreyL

Same use case @WebMechanix-CB and @sgriffey_mla here! This functionality would be super helpful.

LuciaDeNile
HubSpot Employee

@glencornell , one use case would be to use the image tokens to re-engage with contacts who vidited a product page without finalising a purchase. Like an abandonment cart email.

gcummins
HubSpot Employee

Would be great to get this reopened team, continuing to see more customer engagement via support cases. 
In particular the areas of updating product photos from customers interacting with a business products/store such as changing the image based on contact behavior: Last product viewed, bought, etc. I imagine this would be a similar to design to Lucia's request.

Teresin
Participant

Hi all, 

This sounds exactly what we need. I can give you a new use case. We would like to add personalized data graphics (images) for ABM product engagement activities (personalized by account) to support the re-activation of inactive users, encourage finalising registration process, etc...for a software product. (so user-based marketing activities).

MSHS

Hi,

HubSpot let's get this feature launched! Other automation tools are supporting hyper-personalized images in emails.

This feature would be very helpful in our account-based email campaigns. A personalized image with the account's logo would be even more meaningful than the traditional entry-level first name personalization.   

SDrayton8

This would be a great functionality for events marketing!

gcummins
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, received another case of a customer requesting this functionality, this time for sending on individual/unique images to customers from events. Based on Glen's reply this needs to be personalized and the issue here lies in that the sequence can insert only a specific image not a dynamically updating one stored in something such as a property. 

Cojo20
Participant | Platinum Partner

We also would like to use this feature for events. With personalised pictures you could send QR codes via follow-up-mails.

RedShark
Member | Elite Partner

I believe this would be a great way to send anyone who submitted a form a more personable email. In our case we would like an account manager to be assigned a new lead and their auto response would include the name and image of the account manager that would be reaching out to keep consistency throughout the sales process

CMedrano
Participant

We would like to personalize the photo of the account owner in emails as well.

HubspotLOV

Please please add this in as an additional feature. We have so many use cases for this!