HubSpot Ideas

KarineP

Create Cross-object properties

Hi,

It would be very useful to be able to create cross-object properties, especillay for the following reasons:

- we will no longer need to create additional properties across various objects

- we will no longer need to create workflows to copy a value across objects. I.e. If property X gets updated at contact level, the value would be the same at Company level without having the need to create a workflow

- most of the time contacts/companies/deals can't be easily re-enrolled. This means as the value is updated in one object it doesn't always get updated across all objects automatically

- this will also be helpful from a reporting perpective as it would allow us to create more single object reports/dashboards 

Best,

17 Replies
jpeluso
Participant

This would be extremely useful for us as well. 

Joacimbr
Participant

Yes please, and this idea needs way more attention! 

spatrizi
Participant

This, soooooo much!!!! 🙏

MHigginson

Good idea.  Single data point that is visible on all objects, similar to Company Name, but would be a customizable field. 

dwc1993
Participant

Yes please! We are having to create the same properties on multiple OBJECTS and setup WFs to update the property values. 

StormJenkin

Yes this would save a LOT of time. ATM I have clients who need a handfull of properties that are exactly the same across multiple object E.g. BRAND. 

We arre currently creating automaions to make sure if one is edited then they all get updated etc. But it is very frustrationg having to create the exact same property across 3-4 objects and then create workflows to match. it would be great too have this option even if it is only needed for 3-5 properties a client!

Goddess_Sarah
Participant

YES I agree and have asked for this! I would like to be able to see the same properties in my deals view that I see in contact view. I would like to attach the tme zone to each view along with other properties. 

It makes for an easy read instead of wassting time searching in the profile

MDay0

I couldn't agree more, adding properties across deals/companies etc indivually is redundant ...but judging by the fact this thread is nearly 3 years old and the issue hasn't been resolved.. not feeling confident that the customer support rep I spoke to today that said "I recommend that you vote and leave a comment on this idea. HubSpot’s product managers regularly review new ideas and engage with customers for their feedback. They'll put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in within our product roadmap." really, every effort? Yet the issue is still unresolved. Clearly this would improve productivity of the app, please implement a solution!!! 

Thibtech

This is messed up in HubSpot
Creating multiple workflows just to copy paste properties across objects. Makes everything so much more complicated than need to be. Having this feature would drastically improve many features:

- Contact & company filtering

- Displayed properties in cards & boards

Hope to see this soon.

GScott-Lister

🙏

🙏

🙏

🙏

cjl2016
Participant

This is a HUGE need! Because HubSpot currently doesn't allow us to use cross-object personalization tokens in certain aspects of tasks, workflows, etc., we are constantly having to duplicate properties across objects in order to get the data we have into the hands of the right people.

Additionally, when we create a property with defined options (multi-checkbox, dropdown, etc.) that needs to be recreated across objects, we have to manually update every iteration of that property whenever a slight change needs to be made. This turns the 30 seconds it takes to add a choice into a 5 minute endeavor because we have to cycle through all of the objects with the identical property and manually update each of those, as well. And if we forget to do it to one or multiple, it can drastically screw up workflows that rely on that information being the same across objects.

PLEASE fix this!

TH7
Contributor

Yes, please. The number of workflows that need to be created is absurd.

CMcIntosh4952
Participant

Yes please, not having is a major drawback.  Often leading to duplicate properties being created and silos between different objects if WF not set up correctly.

kkashiva616
Participant

Absolutely needed. Current workaround of copying properties across objects is just bad database design (aka database denormalization).

Leads to update anomalies if the workflow doesn't work or is only one-way. If workflow is 2-way, can cause loops.

BTW Salesforce solves for this using Lookup fields. Basically instead of 'copying by value' it just shows the value 'by reference' from the related object.

AGelker

It would be incredibly useful to have this please.!

DHill5
Participant

Any update on implementing this feature? It would be a huge time saver and data hygenie improvement.

KKuswandi
Participant

This would be super usefull!