HubSpot Ideas

simonsmith

Create Conversations Chat API

Currently, there is no Conversations API. This makes it difficult to add functionality that we've built for other HubSpot components. Specifically, I'm looking to pull all messages from HubSpot, track how many we get each day, and classify them by theme so we can create content accordingly. It's not currently possible, however, to pull messages via the API.

38 Comentarios
nq
Colaborador

Agree this would be very helpful for users with in-house development resources adding custom capabilities.

paulOM
Miembro

yep, agreed. even the simplest API would be handy. 

nq
Colaborador

Now that HubSpot Conversations is released, there really should be API functionality for all messanging, not just chat.

AxelN
Miembro

+1 on this.  The embeddable chat currently makes customization of the experience next to impossible (IE: you're forced to have a huge "Help" icon floating in the lower right, etc).

Being able to build a custom chat UI layer on top of Hubspot's API would be a really nice enhancement.

rn
Miembro

++ All conversations and channels not just chat.

This is needed - without this we cant do any attribution/reporting - API + SFDC activity.  

neilw
Miembro

++ for api on conversations, create,delete, update etc

bsommer
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

++ for api on conversations, create, edit, delete, etc. We could really use this one.

msoroko
Miembro

+++++1 I'll need to catch conversations in another application.

MikeMc
Participante

Agreed we would like to be able to add new chat transcripts from other services to our users timelines.

SMS1
Participante

It's critical for us to analyze and create customer reports to be able to extract all of the raw chat and email data, everything from the transcripts themselves to time to first response, average response time, total duration of chats, etc. Please add to the API

NavaneethD
Miembro

Is there any update on this feature?

Thanks

Navaneeth

abhilash
Miembro

Any update ?  I want API to fetch convesations of inbox.

Currently conversation live chat widget API is available that control widget behaviour, but I want API to get chats from HubSpot. I'm looking to pull all messages of chat and do analysis to improve services.

rbezantTC
Miembro

Hubspot's chat widget is extremely limited in terms of utility and appearance , it'd be great to have a conversations API so that we can use our own integrated chat solutions to add conversations to existing contacts.

MortenKaae
Miembro

Yes! I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet - it's an essential KPI to track.

janpark
Participante

When would an OPEN CONVERSATIONS API would be available?
Is there a work-around?

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

This would be super helpful!!

olegst
Miembro

Open Conversations API is required to integrate other messengers communication (e.g. WhatsApp Business API through Twilio), SMS, Telegram, etc

shannonlauffer
Miembro

Agreed! this would be huge for growth projections and understanding the functionality and staffing needs around chat. 

mattpgriffin
Participante

As a product manager, I would love to be able to hook the details of specific HubSpot conversations arriving through my Support channel to my feedback tracking tool (productboard). Thanks!

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi folks,

I’m Joe, the Ideas Forum Manager.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Joe