HubSpot Ideas

Leadstreet-M

Counting business days only in workflows and sequences

Hi,

there are already similar ideas raised, but most of them target the need to exclude bank holidays or company closing days when actually sending an email from a sequence or workflow. For this an admin would have to be able to add these closing dates to HS, so the system can take those days into account.

In addition it would be nice that you can choose to count only working days between 2 steps in a sequence or workflow.

E.g. when the 1st mail in a given sequence is sent on Friday, sending the second mail after 3 working days would mean: sending it on on Wednesday.
And if the Monday in between is a bank holiday, the 2nd mail should only be sent on Thursday.

When the first mail is sent on Friday and the second one on Monday, both of them are in the contacts' mailbox and mostlikely one of those will loose the impact on the contact.

Thank you.

Michel

26 Replies
savinay

This is absolutely required!

ItsRaghu

This is an important feature and is very much required.

comoglu1

I totally agree with this idea.

E.G:

We want to clear the "contact owner" property of a contact, if assigned contact owner could not engage the customer in 48 hours.

And if this 48 hours hits the weekend, this will not be useful.

For now, as a solution We don't want to change our "All Workflow's Action Time" in general settings.

So "delay for an amount of time" in just business day property really important to be set.

thanks in advance

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Yes please. Speaking for a customer here > having the option to calculate business days (exclude sat and sunday) and normal days

CPSCB
Contributor

We have a similar use case as described by @comoglu1 for Workflows - Rotate Ticket Owner if a ticket is close to falling outside our SLA and original assignee has not taken action. This should not count the weekend or company holidays, but we don't necessarily want to delay all actions in the workflow (ie set the entire workflow to only execute during the week).

We have in place a workflow to "bump" the ticket after a certain number of hours without action (it sends a reminder email to original owner) before we rotate it to another owner. The challenges here are:

1. creates a pileup of emails for each agent over the weekend
  2. wastes time and creates confusion if subsequent rotation happens before the original assignee even sees the email reminder
Zoki887

This is a must have

Afd-mark
Participant | Elite Partner

This is very much required!  We can choose, not to send in the weekend and after N days. But the days will also count during the weekend. That's not logic.

FTosso

I agree with this idea. 
In my case, whenever I'm sending a sequence in the French or Spanish market, I would like to be able to introduce a Calendar of holidays for each country, so that if I'm sending a sequence, my 2nd or 3rd email won't be sent during a holiday. Because, as I'm living in different country, I'm not aware of their holidays, so it will be great to have this automated function. 

TRoald

+1 for this idea. Definitely need this function. 

PatienceSeow
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this for my customer - definitely helpful to take weekends and public holidays into consideration so that there's a healthy cadence between emails received.

tmitch_sona
Participant

Yes please to business-days-only delays etc in workflows. Really important for what we're trying to achieve with our automations.

daveroma
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1

Starling
Participant

Yes please, would facilitate a lot!

BirgerFast

+ 1

Yes please!

AKumlin

+ 1, It would be a great feature

MarieBaar

+1 - It's really hard to get good automatic flows for us that only have support hours during work days otherwise.

JLauer
Participant

This is a must-have feature! Having an automated email as part of a nurture journey hit on a Sunday is really not ideal.

PK-PK

+1 here, please get this feature added. 

PBonino

+1 - it is very needed for our company to, hope it will be implemented soon

JStamm
Contributor

+1 - we would like to send notifications to our Warranty and Customer Service managers when a ticket is aging more than 24hrs (business days only) where either Last contacted date is unknown (there has been no activity on the ticket since submission) or Last message from visitor is equal to True and Last message received date is more than 24hrs (business days only).