HubSpot Ideas

Gattooze

Count calls made per contact

I want to be able to track and count the calls made per contact.

My process requires that I assign tasks/workflows depending upon the number of calls made to each contact.

While the property 'Number of Times Contacted' exists, it tracks a mix of calls and emails. I am sure it is not difficult to track only the number of calls as well. It will not only make life much easier but also give some valuable insights pertaining to efficiency of the calling process.

HubSpot Updates
February 04, 2021 03:07 PM

I have a customer with the same request:) Would love this idea! 

20 Replies
lkostroun

I'm having the same dilemma. I just attempted to make a workflow to increment the number of calls made on a given contact, however, per this article, it appears: "activities and activity properties cannot be used for re-enrollment in any type of workflow." Smiley Indifferent

With this said, I'm not even sure how one could do a workaround on this.

It's a bit ridiculous this isn't already baked into the platform - along with a complementary property of 'Number of sales emails'. 

lkostroun
codipeterson
Participant

I agree that this is something we should be able to track. We should also be able to filter by call type/outcome. So if I want to be able to filter all contacts that have received less than "x" number of calls with call type "y" and outcome "z." This is critical for teams engaged in outreach, who need to make sure that they aren't overcalling or undercalling. 

tyr
Participant

I'm sure there's tons of differnet ways to solve this issue, although it feels like a relatively simple option would be to give the option to select something like: "The most recent activity has" option instead of the "At least one associated Activity" option. 

If I could just call the last activity type, then pretty sure a workflow that added a step to a customer field would do the trick. 

last activity - call.PNG

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here.

Agree that this would really be useful, especially when it comes to setting up  a workflow.

SierraHoward
HubSpot Product Team

I have a customer with the same request:) Would love this idea! 

KJaju
Participant

Absolutely agree. For any outbound process, this is a must have. 

DHood24

Bump.

Has there been any development on this? Would be great if Hubspot can implement something. I spoke to an agent who said HubSpot have known about this for a few years now and haven't done anything (Still in development), whatever that means.

torysher
Contributor

This is something we're looking for as well. The WF criteria doesn't allow you to qualify a contact/ company for each call added to the record, so we can't create our own counter in HubSpot. 

Seems like a pretty simple update to be able to know that a call has been added to the record in the last x days and use that to increase the counter. 

MBernstein92
Participant

Bump on this idea!! For outbound sales this is a must!!

JackWyndham
Participant

Would love this feature, please! Being able to track calls and emails seperately would be so beneficial.

carlin0718

Agree - we need this for follow-up tracking. 

aPercy
HubSpot Employee

It'd be great to have this as an option, especially when looking to trigger automation and/or filter contacts in reports and lists.

ClowninAround
Participant

Really needing this option as it is an essential part of the sales process/ reporting for our team.

KarryCBB
Contributor

Agreed! Yes we need this desperately.

ClowninAround
Participant

I have a work around for this, using lists and workflows but it is only a real solution if you only make a maximum of one call to a contact per day.

1. Make a list called, "Calls made in the last 24 hours" with the following activity filters:

"Activity type is call" and "Create date is less than a day ago"

called.PNG

2Make a contact property called "Number of calls made" or something similar

3. Create a workflow with reenrolment enabled that looks like this:

ClowninAround_0-1683083056870.png

You can do a similar thing with amount of emails, and also add a step onto the workflow to add a time stamp to a "Last called" property.

As mentioned, this is only a solution for once a day calls, eg: if you call a contact 5 times in one day it will not log 5 calls but only 1. Still, this is the best workaround I could find.

ATse

We need this!

ILim
HubSpot Employee

Agree that this is needed, would make crafting workflows much easier.

BRolfe7

We need this!

BoFleming
HubSpot Employee

+1