HubSpot Ideas

Paul320

Copy/move attachments from the Contact record to the Deal record

Problem:

We have customers who submit forms documenting the problem they want us to solve. The form allows them to attach image files. After the form is submitted, a workflow creates a Deal.  The sales team would like the image files to be available on the Deal record so they don't have to constantly check the contact record to see if any images were included.

Idea

Allow access, on the Deal record, to the attachments of the associated Contact(s).  Or add functionality to automated workflows to copy the attachments of associated Contact to the Deal record.

12 Replies
Falk
  1. It would - in  general - be great to have ticket or deal based workflows to be able to add documents to the ticket/deal. Either based on the company / contact / deal / form or a standard document from the document manager.
BCapewell
Contributor

We also need this function. Once a contract is signed we then create a copy of that deal and drop it into the "Operations Pipeline" we need all the documents from the deal to be in the operations pipeline. 

Eggert
Participant

Would be awesome if i can copy data out of contact into a deal

ZM8

Agreed - this is a needed feature. 

K_Xavier
Participant

Yes please, we need that!! 

NicolasF
Participant

Yes, we need attachement to be able to move automatically between records, such as between deals and tickets.

A workflow to choose what passes on would be perfect.

CWenzel

Similar workflow needed by us! We're auto-creating tickets for different pipelines (e.g. customer-->support then support-->operations internal team) and need to copy with a workflow automation any attachments from original body of message from our customer in that pipeline.

BMol

Yeahh! Great idea.

LMartinez50

I am not sure if this is possible but in our Scenario:

Sales upload the signed order form in the deal record -> Then the form stays in the deal, we think this sould also feed into the company record for easy find? I am not sure why this is not the case. Then it becomes a scramble to try to find a signed order form, specially if the rep upload it in the company record and not in the deal etc

SSchram

I think what would be ideal here is to associate the attachment the same as we are able to assocait records in general.  For example I can associate a Contact to multiple companies.  I can associate them to multiple Deals and multiple Tickets...  

If the attachments show up on the right side pane, we should be able to click on the attachment and then from that page choose the associations to Contacts, Deals, Tickets...  just as we can other object records.

KMust

This would be great to see a way to copy attachments from the deal record to the associated company, at the very least. For instance when we receive tax documentation and such, the sales manager is mostly working on the deal so they upload it there. Would be great to have that then pass over to the primary associated company so it is attached in both places since our operations team will be moreso working in the company record.

emelie
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes! I would like to copy attachments from deal record to ticket record!