Copy contact properties to Deal?

I've created a custom source field for Contacts and mirrored it in Deals. The reason for this is because the Hubspot default options were too limiting and could not be edited. Now I want to map the fields so when a new deal is created from a Contact the source information is updated within the Deal. My ultimate goal is to map deals to sources.

Is this possible? If not, is there another way to approach this that will give me the same result?

HubSpot updates
62 Replies
SalesTeamSix
New Contributor

Thanks @MeganLegge 

I went ahead and signed up for my own corporate portal to give it a try but a few of my clients need this feature. My fear in trying on their portal is the verbiage in the request form gives me the sense that all existing workflows will be migrated to a new completely different tool.

I'm in fear of things breaking for my clients who have dozens of complex workflows each, sometimes hundreds for one of my marketing enterprise clients.

Please explain what will happen with the new workflow system to the existing workflows.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @SalesTeamSix Existing workflows will be upgraded to render in the new UI, without disruption. We elaborate on the process a bit more in this blog post: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/a-new-engine-for-your-workflows

Note that while we're still collecting requests for customers who specifically want to upgrade immediately, we've also started the general roll to all customers. Customers who take no action, will see their contact workflows upgraded to the new tools soon. Please let me know if any questions remain!