HubSpot Ideas

jameswindrow

Copy contact properties to Deal?

I've created a custom source field for Contacts and mirrored it in Deals. The reason for this is because the Hubspot default options were too limiting and could not be edited. Now I want to map the fields so when a new deal is created from a Contact the source information is updated within the Deal. My ultimate goal is to map deals to sources.

Is this possible? If not, is there another way to approach this that will give me the same result?

77 Commentaires
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee

Hello @jameswindrow,

Thank you for your question.  It isn't currently possible to automatically pull contact property values into an associated deal property value.  Any deal property that you want to match a contact property would have to be manually added or imported.  The workflows tool allows copying of contact/company properties to each other, but deals do not have that same funcitonality.  

I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope it clears things up.

Thanks,

Brett

SeamusMacD
Participant

Brett, is that on the roadmap, allowing workflows to copy contact/company properties to deals? I need to report on Deal Stages by Source - seems basic - but can't get to the contact/company marketing source properties in the Deal Views or Reports. e.g. Proposals by source, Closed Won by source?

brunogiel
Membre

Same here

Samanderson41
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would also be something super helpful to us, as it's easier to have everything on the deals dashboard rather than switch between the contact and the deal if it's one and the same, essentially.

hansenhunt
Contributeur

Another vote up on this one. This seems like a no brainer and it really difficult to do manually.

chrissonn
Membre

I guess my question is then why not? We've been struggling for months on how to better use Contact / Company / Deals but there is a big data silo between what lands in Marketing and Sales.

If we are paying customers of both, surely it should be possible.

Is there a link to the feature request somewhere where we can all vote for it?

HSVS
Contributeur

@BrettLanguirand is this coming?

This is crazy to not have and is clearly something that a large amount of HubSpot users want... 

I have to say coming from using ActiveCampaign, the automation tool in HubSpot is very limited.

ivorykeys87
Participant

I would just like to add some fuel to the fire. As a paying customer, I would love to see this added as a workflow option. And seeing as how it already exists as an option between contacts and companies, I'm sure it'd be fairly simple to add deals in the mix! 

Finnspin
Membre

I concur.  I'm truly flabberghasted that this isn't a feature.  Mapping the fields from contact to deal, so you don't have to replicate the data entry of 10 fields each time you create a new deal. For my company, these deals largely remain the same as in, Number of Users, Location, Product Type.  Wow.  I'm onboarind my sales people today and this will be very sad news for them.  PLEASE FIX!

hansenhunt
Contributeur

@BrettLanguirand can you please remove your "solution" from this thread so that it can appear as still an open request needing a solution. Your solution was that there is not a solution. That's not a solution, that is just confirming the issue. We really need this functionality.

HSVS
Contributeur

This isn't solved...

Maxwell
Participant
I really hope HubSpot is working on this one - I just upvoted it for you & for me!

I am a SDR & qualify leads for an AE & it is so time consuming for me to have to copy all if the relevant information from a "Contact" to a "Deal" when I am passing off a "Qualified Opportunity" to him. All of the relevant information is already tracked in my "Contact Properties!"

It also would be nice if deals didn't have to be clicked through each stage in order for the tracking to be accurate.

With the way we have our "Deal Stages" set up, several times a day a user will have already begun steps on their own to start progressing towards a "Closed Won," but - even if we already input that data into the deal when it is created - we have to start from the beginning of the deal & click through for our reporting to be accurate.

Having these two features would really clean up the sales process.
Svet222
Participant

Hi all,

Not sure how many of you are part of the Beta Program but HS introduced a version of this yesterday into the program. I've experimented it with a bit and I can't copy all the properties but it is a step in the right direction. So many hours saved!

ebog
Membre

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, if the feature can't support all contact properties (it seems as if some of them don't work per your note), the feature is still of no use. Gotta be able to rely upon being able to do it without limitation.

Leonardo
Membre

+1

cfleishman
Participant

Sorry but you did not provide a solution to this and we still need this fixed ASAP. 

Tiina
Membre

One vote for this from here too. Especially from deal properties to contact/company properties would be excellent.

alyssacarter
Contributeur

I would also love to be able to copy information onto the deal. It would help simplify reporting a LOT. 

annay
Membre

Definitely voting for this feature as well.

Btw, has anyone tried to use a 3rd party tool, such as zapier or automation.io to copy company/contact property to Deal property?

Please share your experience.

-Anna

annay
Membre

Brett, 

Can this (copy company/contact property to Deals) be done via a 3rd party automation tool such as Zapier or automation.io?

Thanks!

-Anna