Copy contact properties to Deal?

I've created a custom source field for Contacts and mirrored it in Deals. The reason for this is because the Hubspot default options were too limiting and could not be edited. Now I want to map the fields so when a new deal is created from a Contact the source information is updated within the Deal. My ultimate goal is to map deals to sources.

Is this possible? If not, is there another way to approach this that will give me the same result?

HubSpot updates
52 Replies
Juuso
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brett,

Is the copying from contacts to deals with workflows already in the works?

Best,

Juuso

Anonymous

Hi @Juuso,

The introduction of deal and company workflows allow a bit more customization around this. While you cannot directly copy a contact property to a deal property, you can copy a contact property to a company property through a contact based workflow, and then copy a company property to a deal property through a company workflow. 

I haven't tested this but I think it could work! 

EWZT
New Contributor

Is there a way to do this without using Zapier or some other third party app?   It seems extremely basic that when you create a deal from a contact, that the source or any other  contact property should copy to the deal...?

tobiaspasma Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

You can't just say something is solved when it clearly isn't... 

JosieSA
Top Contributor

hi 

I have found a work around that might help you. I am using a Deal workflow to copy the contact owner and apply it to the deal. If your source options are predefined and there are not too many of them you could try this:

Create a deal workflow

Use a series of if/then branches: if Contact source field = x then set Deal source field to x

If Contact source field = y, then set Deal source field to be y

I get this to work becuse we have a very small sales team. And also we only have 1 Contact associated to a Deal. The downside is that every time a salesperson leaves / arrives we have to update the workflow. 

asgeirbambusa
New Contributor

Hubspot: why don't you fix this issue?

Love your software! plz help us out with this.

remcodevries
New Contributor

@ Hubspot,

Any update on this? This topic has been going for a while, and as it's possible to copy deal>contact now, it should be easy to turn it around and include contact>deal right?

I'm using the aforementioned Zapier solution now, but that shouldn't be needed...

emirmkd
New Contributor

We need better integration between deals and contacts... I can't see easily where my deals came from

jcosta717

I have a custom field Total Customer Revenue that comes from a Netsuite integration - that I would like to map to a Hubs revenue field in order to calculate influenced revenue of campaigns. Is this possible? Could you please make it possible?

dborn
Occasional Contributor

@JasonMM Thank you for your solution, I tried it, but unfortunatelly it did not work for our company due to large amount of deals in our system, more than 10k. 

Zapier replied to us "Unfortunately, this is an issue that has been reported by other users, and it is stemming from the number of Deals in a HubSpot account. Their API currently doesn't allow us to search deals with parameters to limit the number of deals returned, so the Timeout is caused by having to search through every deal in your HubSpot account."

Hope they could fix it soon.