HubSpot Ideas

aulicki

Copy and paste multiple cells from Excel into HubSpot smart list

Right now, if you want to add multiple criteria from an Excel doc into a HubSpot smart list, you have to copy and paste them each separately. I would love the functionality to be able to copy and paste multiple cells from Excel into a smart list at once for easy updating.

30件のコメント
GreggPTX
メンバー

I think you misunderstood. You don't add the column and cells with ";" then upload the list, you add the column and the semicolons then highlight the cells with the value you want to add to your filter/smart list criteria/whatever, Copy them, then Paste them into Hubspot. For example, if you were creating a smart list and you only wanted to include Contacts with a Mailing Country value of Mexico, Canada, or Europe, you would create the list, select a Filter Type of Contact properties>Mailing Country, then select Is Equal to Any Of, then go to your spreadsheet and copy (Ctrl+C) the cells with the country names and the ; cells beside them and then Paste them (Ctrl+V) into the "Add Values" flled in Hubspot. The result would be this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.26.22 PM.png

Then you just save your new list. This saves you all the work of either typing each individual value or copying/pasting them in one at a time. Very handy for adding a bunch of different filter values at once.

Aakash
メンバー

@JSG3   I can't thank you enough!

MoreLeadsPlz
参加者

Adding the semicolon to separate values before copy and pasting into Hubspot doesn't work for me. I tried this on a deal object's field filter.

Hubspot, please begin supporting copying and pasting rows of data in, just like Marketo and Salesforce do. It's preventing this from being an Enterprise platform. And please don't make this part of Ops Hub.

MoreLeadsPlz
参加者

@GreggPTX Thanks for replying! Is the key to leave the semicolon in its own column of data and then to copy and paste 2 columns of data into Hubspot? The1st column would contain our values and the 2nd column would only contain ;'s in this case?

sam_g
参加者

This tool is helpful for doing this as well: https://convert.town/column-to-comma-separated-list

You can hit the little gear at the top and change the delimeter from a comma to a semicolon and it works.

DLopez1404
参加者

Great tip from JSG3 and tested with Rafael Santos from HS support! Tumbs up! Thank you both! 💃

HubSpot, please do it standard and easier again. This is basic feature for a CRM and people who works with tons of data and external Excel files 😅

ABrown78
メンバー

Hopefully, HubSpot can add this to their product roadmap - this feature was stripped from lists and workflows a couple of years ago when the grey box was added into the criteria features. This added step isn't something a marketer should have to do on the back end - it's a simple feature that HubSpot used to have and should be added back to the product roadmap. Especially if you deal with large sets of data on a regular basis.

babirossi1
参加者

Amazing! It works, thank you

gmoore9
メンバー

how can i copy information from excel onto hubspot email excatly the same?

stacy_jenkins
投稿者

This idea is simple and brilliant! I had 273 zip codes I needed in a deal tag. No way did I want to enter these individually. You are my new best friend!!! Thank you!