HubSpot Ideas

aulicki

Copy and paste multiple cells from Excel into HubSpot smart list

Right now, if you want to add multiple criteria from an Excel doc into a HubSpot smart list, you have to copy and paste them each separately. I would love the functionality to be able to copy and paste multiple cells from Excel into a smart list at once for easy updating.

30 Comentários
JSG3
Membro

Here's a trick, if you are going to copy multiple cells in from excel into a list in HS, have the cell in the row right next to the one your copying into HS contain a semi-colon. Example:

<Cell 1 with data> < ; >
<Cell 2 with data> < ; >

Copy/Paste this into your list and it will take the fields separately. Enjoy!

DGilman
Membro

I tried using this trick and it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there something that I'm missing? Can you share a screenshot of how you're able to separate the field data when pasting from excel?

JSG3
Membro

Sure, using an email field as an example:

Copy Emails + semicolon field
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 5.31.29 PM.png

Then paste them into the list parameter

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 5.32.57 PM.png

Hope this helps!

kirastuart
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

@JSG3 IF I COULD BUY YOU A BEER I WOULD

Smiley muito feliz

TomS
Participante

Thanks for the tip! This is awesome 🙂

Gra80
Membro

Thank you so much. This is a big time saver.

CraigBailey
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Thanks @JSG3 !

ColinCampbell
Membro

@JSG3 This is awesome. We can actually do something in smart lists that you can do in Marketo. Love it! 

primatiood
Membro

Hmmm, I was so excited, but it doesn't seem to work for me... Any ideas what can be the problem I don't paste emails but voucher codes. I have the voucher codes in column A and semicolon in column B (google docs), but when I copy and paste they come as one line of text, not separated...

shatton
Participante

Separating entries by ";" is only available for LISTS but not available for the Contact or Company filtering.

mkranitz
Colaborador(a)

@shatton! This was the missing key. I'm sitting here like a goofball trying to paste it every way from sunday into a company filter, not a LIST! I popped it into a list and voila. THANKS all

😎

farser
Participante

@JSG3 you've made my day! and many more in future, no doubt. Cheers!

HadarEisen
Membro

@JSG3 Thank you, this is awesome!

sgarforth
Participante

Thank you @JSG3 

paju
Participante

@JSG3 I can't thank you enough!

momof3
Membro

Has anyone done this for companyID? I thought that I used to be able to use this trick to filter on a large number of Contact/CompanyIDs, but it's not recognizing it now. Is there another way to accomplish this for number fields?

inenot
Membro

Hi,

@momof3  if the ";" approach of @JSG3 does not work for your values, you can try using "OR". 

This worked for me when I wanted to filter on multiple values in a report in Hubspot.

inenot_0-1621580875453.png

YusufAgirdas
Participante

Hi at all 🙂 

I want to add a CSV-list of individual voucher codes in HubSpot and want to mail them to everybody who has bought a product from us. That will be a discount of 5% for the next purchase in our shop. A code could look like "C7A8KJH03". The voucher codes aren't personalized till I've send out the email to somebody. That would be a great feature so that cross-selling could be done within HubSpot. 

Is there any possibility to do that? Otherwise it would be a great feature!

GreggPTX
Membro

@JSG3 , you are my hero! Just saved me about 2 hours of cutting and pasting. Best. Tip. Everrrrrr.

iamnahnah2021
Membro

@inenot @JSG3 

Hi Sir , will you help me out? I did try both of your steps but still have error when uploading .

iamnahnah2021_0-1625170406531.png

Cell A        Cell B

mexico;
canada;
europe;