HubSpot Ideas

suziedugger

Copy Product Information

Now that we're able to add custom fields/properties to products there is a need to be able to copy and/or associate that property to other HubSpot objects. 

For instance, I have color variants for a product but I can't get that to copy or associate to a custom object or deal record so I still have to include it as a deal/other object property.

Product properties only appear to work as a line item trigger. 

HubSpot Updates
August 30, 2022 11:01 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We want to bring Products and Line Items even deeper into automation, but we need to prioritize other projects right now, including one to allow Line Item creation using Automation (during Deal Create).

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 09:00 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

42 Replies
TBooij

Same and agree with all the above this core and this is basic functionality that should have already existed and should be prioritized above all else.

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

Requesting this on behalf of a client - this is a huge roadblock for them as an e-commerce business. The line items/product feature is very limiting. They're looking to have a centralized location to see contact information and the products the contact has purchased - they're wanting to do this in the contacts tab with a saved view and they'd like a column to include all the products the customer has purchased. They have a shopify integration auto-populating deals with line items and associating the deal to the contact, but because of how the entity relationship is setup, contactds aren't directly connected to the line items so we have no way of pulling them to the contact list view. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if I could look at the list view of deals and see all the line items as a column there but for whatever reason that isn't possible either. I can't even change the visible fields on the deal association card to show the products/line items associated to the deal from a contact record. This is going to cause them to have to click several layers into a contact to find the information they need. Ie: contact list > individual contact > associated deal - scroll down to see the line items when it would be nice to be able to see them in a list view. 

Really hoping to see additional functionality come to products/line items ASAP

Wellkasa

This is basic capability - please prioritize

eliot_martin
Contributor

+1

I want to copy the Line Items associated with a Deal into custom Properties on a Custom Object using Workflow.

BennyP
Contributor

Hi @ethankopit , when do you think it will be prioritised? 

I think I'm having the same issue as @APineiro1. Since we currently can't copy product line items onto a deal, I need to manually input data onto deals (e.g. quantity, price, plan and start date). This is crucial because, by having it onto a deal or company, I am able to see on what subscriptions the customer is on. And - by having to do it manual - it leaves space to many manual errors which then cause even more errors regarding our Source of Truth for our subscription management platfrom. 

Unfortunately a custom report would not work because it creates a line for every product line. For example, if customer X has 3 product lines, then customer X will appear 3 times. This does not help if a) I want to view product lines for each customer or deal b) if I want to view the most recent subscription at a customer level (potentially by copying product line onto deal and then onto company, and updated based on new product line updates of other deals associated to the company) 

Also, I see that there is another Idea regarding product lines which is being reviewed. Could you kindly clarify on how the work you're doing would differ from this? 

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We want to bring Products and Line Items even deeper into automation, but we need to prioritize other projects right now, including one to allow Line Item creation using Automation (during Deal Create).

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

TBooij

@ethankopit thank you for the feedback. It's very disappointing to read that this is again not prioritized. The idea has more than 100 votes and is over a year ago posted by @suziedugger. I wonder if we can take this idea voting platform serious in that case, as I do not feel HubSpot is taking the ideas submitted and voted seriously.

JaKalfayan
Participant

Hey @ethankopit where's this quarter's update? There's so many use cases for this and it makes data quality control so much easier. Please prioritize!

MMichel8
Participant

@ethankopit : what is the quarter update ? for your understanding of why it is so urgent, when you are a product based company, you manage all your deal flow according to products and if you do not have it on your deal view your sales people can not manage as all the sales process depends on the product. So we really need to see the product and his features in the deal view.

TimRip

Hi Ethan, 

we need this as well. Because we are selling software licenses. If we won a deal, we have to inform the service devision and we are using the Service-Module for this and create via automation a new Service-Ticket. Now we have some deal-fields with informations for the service team regarding the deal informations or better the info which were belonging to the licenses but the main informations are still missing 😕 -> What kind of Software did a customer bought? 😂 

Currently there is no informations for the service team available regarding the linked articles of the deal.

They are not allowed (right restricted) to open deals or the informations of that, they were not able to seek for additional informations. Currently the suggestion of your support colleagues is: "create new custom fields within the deal object". Ok, but now we have to copy and paste manually all articles of a deal into the custom text fields by hand 😞 

So for two usa cases we need that function: 

1. Using automation to create new tickets which contains not only the informations of deals fields. instead also the linked articles of a deal
  2. (if point 1 isnt working) Using automation to copy the article informations into the custom deal fields and hold them in sync if the articles gets changed
MMichel8
Participant
Dear Stranger,

Are you sure you wanted to write to me ? I am called Mathilde and not Ethan.

Best regards.
JAchenkunju

@ethankopit 

Even we have faced a similar issue. We want to copy line item property values to a property in deal Object. Is this planned in any future roadmap.

Regards,

Jatin

JOpie
Top Contributor

+1 on this!

In our case our controller wants to see the group of line items associated to a deal from within Power BI. Even using the API, this is not so much fun...like it doesn't want to do this at all. We use Power BI for reporting outside of HubSpot, and not all in the company have access to HubSpot due to sensitive commercial information.

VCheung
Contributor

Just another bump and upvote from me

CKidd
Participant

super bummed this still isn't available. creates manual work on our CSLs to go in and update every single renewal deal created.

SamB1
Participant

We use workflows to copy a sales deal into an onboarding deal pipeline, currently we have to manually add the line items, we need to be able to copy line items from one deal to another via workflows

adamhopkins

Same issue here, need to copy line item properties to deal properties or be able to use them in calculation fields

JPullola
Member | Diamond Partner

This function would help a lot! Hopefully this will be an option soon. 

JPs12
Participant | Diamond Partner

Upvoting this. This seems to be connected to the case where you are unable to use Sales margin from Line Items as a deal properties which is pretty nuts as all other total values are properties, see another connected Idea with 122 upvotes - it was posted Feb 12, 2019.

Being able to copy values from Line items would most likely fix this issue as well.  

Izzy_
Participant

Bumping this again, want to copy line items from deals in sales pipelines into onboarding pipelines.

Our use case would be:

ONE deal including multiple line items - creates TWO new deals.

Deal 1. Line Item 1 (Standalone Product) - goes to the Standalone Onboarding Pipeline
Deal 2. Line Item 2 (Subscription Product) - goes to the Subscription Onboarding Pipeline

Super frustrating as this seems so simple to implement.