HubSpot Ideas

Sanne

Copy / Duplicate Groups

Copy / Duplicate Groups As I can see it designing pages would be a lot easier if it was possible to duplicate a group. It should be that I just click duplicate and it copied all of the inner modules and groups, and saved the css groups and labels. This would save a LOT of time. 
25 Replies
jlorraine

Totally agree with @Sanne. I am using a template that has 4 photos in a team member section, and I would like to duplicate it so that I have room to add more team members, but the only solution is to add individual modules one by one. Thanks, Hubspot Team, for working on making this possible!

PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

I would also find this extremely helpful, and would save me a ton of time when I am trying to duplicated tiers on a template. Adding them all one by one can get pretty time consuming and is just an inneficient use of time.

JonathanDC
Participant | Gold Partner

Agreed.

mlynch

Agree, seems quite an oversight... very unproductive having to manually recreate identical groups

narayanan
Participant

can't agree more, I face this issue all the time

Julian_AVORA

build this asap
very time consuming having to manually build and create identical groups

elmo
Contributor

Yes, please!

kleonard
HubSpot Product Team

mlynch

Great news 🙂

mstefan9
Participant

This would be a massive time saver of a feature! Please implement it HubSpot!

Tratham

Is there an eta on this.  It's so painful to use your editor without this feature.

celbissouri

i would like to see this feature also.

dlucero

Please make this happen ASAP!

Neambo

We developed this little Chrome extenion that adds the functionality to copy/paste drag-and-drop modules or groups in HubSpot template builder (v1). We have used this extension internally for quite some time and decided to make it public and free, so others can benefit. It's not perfect, but is a huge time saver. You can also use it to temporarily collapse/expand your groups: http://neambo.com/coscopy

Tratham

Hubspot are you listening?  You've got people building apps to work around your system.... when is this beta coming out? It's been three months...

DrPerl199-

I am commenting just to show the urgency of this need and show that as Hubspot user we still need this. If Hubspot is supposed to be my all-inclusive sales and marketing system, duplicating/cloning groups, modules etc needs to be a function. Otherwise, I have to pay an extra $100 /month for a LeadPages or InstaPage software that makes building custom landing pages easier. 

Building custom pages would (in my experience ) would take 50-75% less time if I could simply build it once and then duplicate it later. Even adding a second row of features to an existing one is a PITA because you have to individually style each feature, row and module group a second time. 

Tratham

Hubspot, can we get an update on when your beta from last october will be released. 

kleonard
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Tratham, @DrPerl199-, HubSpot opened up the beta design manager this past February (announcement details: https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/introduction-to-the-design-manager ). You can request the beta in your portal here: https://designers.hubspot.com/design-manager-beta and docs on the beta tools can be found here: https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/design-manager/ui-overview

I hope this helps!

jlim

In the beta version, you can now clone groups, but you know what would be even better? If you could save a group as a module!!!

DrPerl199-

@kleonard I really like the new design manager, I tried it out after you gave me the heads up. Copy/pasting items/groups/modules within a template is incredibly easy. One thing that still bothers me though: you can't copy/paste module groups from one template to another. I can see that this may be to preserve the authors original content found within the template and to prevent plagiarism, but I could still plagiarise easily (though tediously so) if I wanted to by recreating it manually in another template. 

Here is an example of where this is frustrating: I've cloned multiple renditions of the same landing page template to use in my A/B/C testing. I find out that the benefits section on Template A is more aesthetic and higher converting than it is on Templates B & C.  I now want to use that module group it in Template B and C. The only way I can do this is by recreating the benefits section from A into B and C manually, or by making it a global group...which is then no longer editable.

Regardless, the new design manager makes quick fixes much easier. Still needs work though!