Cookie Notice/ Data Privacy - Optout for Hubspot and Google Analytics in one central place
Submitted by Johannes_LAC on 04-09-2018 12:25
Quick Disclaimer: We are using HS COS / Marketing / Sales. We have also implemented Google Tag Manger to manage all our Marketing Tags for (Re)targeting + Run Google Analytics in parallel
- You are offering 4 options in your data policy section for the cookie notice (1. No cookies, 2. Acceptance that is using cookies, 3.Option to opt-in / optout from HS tracking, 4. No Cookie notice
- With the current upcoming EU Data Privacy regulation, we have to take care of certain things incl the optout cookie (see 3.)
- For my website visitors I want to give them a central place where the can optout of tracking ( in our case Hubspot, GA, Facebook / LI / Display retargeting). This place is ideally in the data policy section.
- We have implemented this with a Optout Cookie which runs define a firing exception at the Tag Level in Googel Tag Manager
- Now to the essential problem
- The only way to optout from HS Tracking is via the cookie notice, there is no way to alter the notice and to link a second (let's say "more information") to the data policy where the user could optout the a) hubspot and b) GA tracking
- There is no way to replicate the optout link form hubspot tracking on the client side (At least by what your support is telling us)
- How do you expect the customer to understand this? Customer will understand the cookie notice, but will definitely not understand that this will only optout from hubspot… I would expect a single point for optout as a customer either in the cookie bar oder in the data policy
- Here is my quick fix: make the cookie bar more flexible by allowing an option which is a) accept cookie and b) more information to optout. Under the option b) you put a link to your data policy with an anchor for optout part. Here you can then list all the links to optout from the various system.
See more ideas labeled with: