HubSpot Ideas

olmy90

Cookie Accept Banner - which covers the entire website

Cookie Accept Banner - which covers the entire website - only when the visitor confirms that you can visit the entire website

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 07, 2024 02:50 AM

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that new customization options for the cookie banner are now live. You can now edit the background, buttons, size, and position of the cookie banner by following the steps in this article. Customization tools are only available in the new version of the cookie banner.

In Beta
February 06, 2024 01:08 PM

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce we now have new customization options for the cookie banner in public beta. You can learn more about these options here, and opt your account into the beta by following these steps

In Planning
July 27, 2023 02:25 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for submitting and upvoting this request! My name is Rada and I'm the product manager for HubSpot's cookie consent tools.

We are currently working on adding customization options to the cookie banner so it's possible to customize its appearance and position. I'll continue to update this thread once we're in beta.

5 Replies
mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

It would be nice to have the option for the cookie warning to be in the middle of the screen or for it to stay at the bottom/top and have the rest of the content grayed out and not clickable. 

The reason why this is necesssary is that when users ignore the cookie warning, the source / origin data is not recorded on conversions. 

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree with this, I've found a lot of support and requests for this functionality as well. The current setup is to easy for a user to ignore, which given the choice, they will. 

The internet seems to be going down the path of a pop-up that needs to be either agreed, customised or declined by a user before they proceed to the site as usual. It's not disruptive but does encourage an action. **bleep**, even Google has it when you use it on their search engine or YouTube almost every single time - as a return user.

This needs to be a priority as we're losing out on tons of valuable insight and tracking for remarketing.

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, thanks for submitting and upvoting this request! My name is Rada and I'm the product manager for HubSpot's cookie consent tools.

We are currently working on adding customization options to the cookie banner so it's possible to customize its appearance and position. I'll continue to update this thread once we're in beta.

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce we now have new customization options for the cookie banner in public beta. You can learn more about these options here, and opt your account into the beta by following these steps

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that new customization options for the cookie banner are now live. You can now edit the background, buttons, size, and position of the cookie banner by following the steps in this article. Customization tools are only available in the new version of the cookie banner.