HubSpot Ideas

serlim

Convert radio select type property to multiple checkbox type property

Hi team!

I worked with a customer on a workflow to copy objects with property values captured in a radio select type property to a multiple checkbox type property.

This can be done by enrolling all contacts/companies with known values in the radio select type property and assigning them a value in the corresponding multiple checkbox type property with an if/then branch.

That being said, the customer has several properties to move over and it does require a fair bit of time to set up these workflows and build each branch for each value, it would be great if could convert these property types easily, assuming the internal values of both properties match 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
rachel79
Participant

Agreed, someone (who didn't understand the implications) set up our system incorrectly and as a result we have a lot of properties that need to be converted into a different format.  It would be helpful if instead of the need to delete the value of the current property and then editing you could simply tell HS which option on the new property format to map the current answer to.  For example, if I have a T/F and I want to change it to a dropdown select I have to first make lists of everyone with the property value of T and then clear it, then make a list of everyone with the answer of F and then clear it and then once there aren't any objects using the property I can go in and convert it to a dropdown select.  Would be helpful if instead you could just tell HS you want to convert this property to a drop down select and advise that all objects with the current property value of T to reassign as Yellow and all with the current property value of F to reassign as Blue.