HubSpot Ideas

HelpfulHero

Convert a LOCAL module into a GLOBAL module.

Hey there! I'm the creator of the CLEAN Pro theme and one of the questions I get asked almost weekly is if there is an easy way to covert a "local" custom module into a GLOBAL custom module.

I understand that this is possible using the CLI but very impractical for your average marketer who isn't a developer.  Even so, having to go through the CLI in order to do so isn't super convenient. 

I would love an option right in the Design Tools section where one could simply click a button that would create a new GLOBAL (or local) version of the custom module within a given child theme.

What do you think?  Please upvote if you agree.

Thanks!

Kevin

6 Replies
duanek
Participant | Gold Partner

I agree with Kevin. We would like the side menu option that he has created to have the ability to create a global group and be able to create multiple versions of this for our pillar pages that HubSpot is so known for. We are looking to create 12 to 20 pages per pillar page and want to have them have the side menu but if something changes not have to update 20 pages. Before themes, we were able to do this with ease. I would like the same ease for my team. We are a HubSpot Agency Partner and I actually have more than just one instance I need this done for. Please make this possible for us that are not as great as Kevin. He has created a great theme that we all benefit from and I know he will continue to improve with HubSpot.

Pretty Please

Your HubSpot Agency Partner and Freind

Duane Kowalski

schaaf

I agree with Kevin. As I bring on more customers it would greatly increase the value we are able to provide our clients. I currently have a product catalog with over 500 pages that need a small tweak, this would greatly decrease the amount of time required to manage the customers site.

Steve Schaaf
Vested Marketing

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

I agree, working on POWER Pro theme we have run into several requests to convert a module to a global module that can be updated in a single location and used across multiple site pages.

Saved sections are great for getting a site setup, but they aren't dynamic (which has both pros and cons). The old COS had a feature to convert a local module to a global module, not sure why they got rid of it in the new CMS.

BRoss

I also agree with Kevin! This in conjunction with saved sections would make life so much easier. It is really time comsuming to have to start from scratch when needing new globule modules.

POZENA
Participant

Absolutely agree with Kevin. This would save hours on just one of the many custom modules we're working with! I  now need to put it into 200+ pages, and I can't quite think of the first of the many times I will have to manually update each of those separate instances, the way things stand at the moment. 

While HS CMS has seen many valuable enhancements in the last years, Kevin's CLEAN Theme is the absolute greatest product ever, always ahead of the game. One doesn't need to be immensely technical to clearly see that whatever brilliant idea Kevin proposes, he would have just gone ahead and put it right in the product - like he normally does - if only it was feasible without asking and waiting to have the core system upgraded. Kevin knows what he's saying. Please very kindly help remove whatever obstacle to progress there is in there.

Many thanks!

Adam Grabowiec
POZENA.com

Hedge
Participant

Any update on this? We use the clean theme and have local modules (that are styled and look great), but want the ability to make small edits that update all instances on all pages. Love your work @HelpfulHero 👋