HubSpot Ideas

liangsj

Conversations Inbox Emails to Auto-Recognise Sender's Reply-To Email Address Instead From Address

Hello, (Submitting on behalf of customer) 

Currently, the Conversations Inbox takes the from address e.g. team@example.com but the reply-to email address set in those emails are james@example.com. However, HubSpot only recognise the from address and one cannot reply the email directly to james@example.com but one will have to reply to team@example.com. 

It will be great if we can detect this and when one clicks on reply, it will reply to the intended recipient (e.g. james@example.com).

22 Kommentare
NoemiNL
Mitglied

It's realy bad this is still happening in HubSpot!

This is a real basic feature that should have in there from  the start.

When you send out forms you have to use the same (server/site) domain otherwise it will be seen as spam on 99.9% of  al recipient mail servers. HubSpot should embrace this and always see the reply-to address as contact email address, connect it to the contact and reply to that address.

Guys this is basic for any ticket system! Shame on you that it isn't!

Is there a timeline that this will be in there? 

LasseSW
Mitglied

Have to agree with the above, it is standard internet protocol not supported by Hubspot. 

RBond
Mitglied

I completely agree. I spent several hours trying to get reply-to emails to work only to be told by support that Hubspot doesn't recognize reply-to addresses. This is standard email protocol and should be supported. Competitors to Service Hub (such as Zendesk) do not have this limitation.

ECote
Teilnehmer/-in

I just reported this to Hubspot after troubleshooting months of lost emails in the "Conversations -> Inbox" functionality with a specific customer. Hubspot confirmed that they don't support reply-to and I was told to upvote it here.

It's unfortunate that this is not viewed by them as a bug. We will have to start looking for another CRM tool.

KBoettcher
HubSpot Employee

This would be a great and needed feature for the conversations tool. Without it, communications and customers could be lost. 

APattyn
Teilnehmer/-in

We are missing this feature too. Would appreciate to be updated on the progress

RMyers
Teilnehmer/-in

I can't believe this still isn't added. We have customers email us purchase orders. If we reply it goes to a generic message service and gets lost. I have to log into our email client, get the reply to address from there and then send the email. It's crazy.

This was a popular idea on this forum previously but when I went to see if it had been updated, the idea has been archived "to ensure the information and answers you find throughout the Community are relevant and correct". It's still a problem so I don't see how it's neither relevant nor correct.

ndwilliams3
Autorität

started using the conversations inbox for tickets and discovering this is a big problem! 

MGregorcic
Teilnehmer/-in

Everything was said in the previous replies. Standard protocol, basic functionality...whatever you want to call it. 

A-Purve
Teilnehmer/-in

+1, it's a no-brainer, especially in 2023

nurango
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Still asking for this after 3 years. We need this badly as well, for proper customer communications - we have a special reply-to address that our incoming sms to email uses, otherwise we simply can not reply.

LJohnston7
Mitglied

HubSpot Team, please try and sort this out! It seems like it would help a lot of people, us included!

CLe6
Mitglied | Platinum Partner

This is a big problem of service team, but Hubspot is not support? Please seriouly consider and develop to improve service tool

FSG5
Mitglied

We desperately need this, as expanding the header of the sender, doesn't even show the correct reply-to e-mail address.
For instance, a message received gets sent from noreply@ and contains the correct message-id@ address, which isn't shown in HubSpot.
Having to copy it from another e-mail client.
And it is unfeasible to give everyone access to the support mail address, to retrieve the address from.

MarkGM
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a problem for our team, as some automated workflows rely on the reply-to: field.

grafpaper
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a relatively large problem for us... we're a hotel and we use the inbox to centralize communication from the Online Travel Agencies (e.g., Booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia, Hostelworld, etc.).

Most/all of them reply on a reply-to address to allow us to reply via email. Our guest service agents have to manually log in to each of these platforms to reply rather than simply replying from within hubspot... which sort of defeats the purpose of having the consolidated inbox.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS

BethHWB
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a major issue & needs to be fixed - basic functionality as many others have said!

We can get 40k conversations into a single inbox per month but HubSpot thinks that we are the contact for all of them because it doesn't recognise "reply to" fields!

STeam13
Mitglied

This is a huge issue along with no ability to auto-merge tickets by the same contact.

robovinnie
Mitglied

Major issue for us also. Emails from our shopify contact form have the customer's email in the reply-to field but hubspot sets the address to the one shopify sent the email from.

grafpaper
Teilnehmer/-in

Any updates here @liangsj ?