HubSpot Ideas

dleitch

Conversations - Closing Tickets

Closing tickets is inconsistent and very clunky.   There are far to many screens and they are inconsistent in functionality.

1. If we edit the ticket and choose close at the top of that ticket edit screen, we are prompted to enter the resolution.

2. If we close via the right side of the screen in the Inbox view, it will close the ticket but  there is no prompt for resolution.

3. If we close the ticket from the top of the inbox screen (i.e. Mark as Closed), the ticket will be closed, but the ticket status remains in the "new" ticket state.  

So, as mentioned, clunky, and inconsistent in functionality.   Hoping for a quick, consistent, resolution. 

22 Replies
MonicaAirswift

Agreed, and as there is an option to choose what properties are shown when creating a ticket, you should be allowed to choose what properties are shown when closing a ticket (consisten in all areas mentioned above).

btdugan

Hi, can anyone explain where to close a ticket -- I'm not seeing it

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

My name is Vijay and I am Senior Product Manager on the Conversations Inbox team. Thank you all for the feedback. We agree that the behaviour while managing tickets in CRM Tickets & Conversations Inbox is inconsistent today. This is a big focus for my team this year and we some big updates planned that should resolve the issues that you pointed out. 

I would love to get your feedback on this once we have this in beta some time later this year. I will keep this thread updated with the latest. 

Thank you for your patience,

Vijay Vadlamani

warrendavey
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Vijay - Following to get more insight on future conversation items.  Would love to explore API's and workflows with your team that you make available. Thanks!

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Hello! Thank you so much for the planning here, wanted to add one comment in addition:

Would it be possible to also add workflow functionality between the ticket and its linked conversation? Example: Some customers would like to automate the process of closing a ticket based on the result or close of a conversation it is linked to. Conversation X closes, and Ticket Y also is closed, perhaps this could be a toggle in the settings for tickets rather than a workflow option, but either would suffice. If working perfectly, it would perhaps upon close of conversation open a window asking if the associated ticket should be closed and what the status/result of the ticket is. 

ashesintx
Participant

richard88

I agree; we definitely need a workflow that will enable our team to choose to close a ticket if a conversation is closed. That would really help our CR team to work more efficiently as we manage incoming conversations that are assigned as tickets. This is a great idea!

ABoone

On this screen it just needs to have an option on the menu or Actions drop downs to close ticket instead of clicking preview on the Ticket Name and changing the Status to Closed.

ABoone_0-1619557709643.png

ashesintx
Participant

Agree with you ABoone, but I also want a way to close the ticket EASILY when closing the conversation (it's easy in the inbox to close the conversation, but I want to either have "close ticket" in the same place at the top to be easy OR set a parameter that closing the conversation then closes the ticket).

And of course, ensure that the conversation re-opens if the customer replies again after it's closed.

Still would love to see this feature improved @hubspot!

tmerridew
Participant

Personally I'm struggling with the purpose of keeping the conversation open once it has become a ticket, either because you have created it manually, or it is a converstation entering an inbox that is set to automatically create tickets. Unless I've got something setup wrong I can't see a way to automatically close the convsation once the ticket is created.

I do agree with OP on there being too many inconsistent ways to close a ticket.

sbk_100
Participant

I am currently looking to solving this exact issue for my team. In the absence of a more robust enhancement, does someone know if there's a way to create an automation where if when conversation is marked as closed, it will close the associated ticket or replace the "mark as closed" button with "close ticket" in the conversation view?

@vvadlamani Is there an update on your roadmap we could see to understand timelines and what you're looking to introduce in the next release?

ashesintx
Participant

Actually sbk_100, I think they have since fixed it so if you close a conversation it closes the ticket now. This was not working when I began using HubSpot, but it is working for us today (and has been for at least a few weeks).

sbk_100
Participant

Hi @ashesintx - Thanks for your help. I just tested this in our HS instance and from what I can tell, the ticket itself doesn't Close once you've "Marked as closed" in the Conversation view. 

I attached the steps our team would take, and the Ticket Status after you "Mark as closed" in "Conversation" view.

HubSpot_Ticket Closing from Conversations View_6SEP21.jpg

Any other ideas, potentially an automation we can build manually?

Thank you!

ashesintx
Participant

Hello @sbk_100    It's working now for us; sometimes slow to close & sometimes we have to change the status & remark closed, but as of the last 30 days or so, now, if we close the conversation, it closes the corresponding ticket. Win!!

sbk_100
Participant

Hi @ashesintx - Thanks for sharing your experience, although it doesn't seem to be working exactly as expected 🙂

@vvadlamani or someone else have suggestions/insight to share regarding this functionality and how might I be able to enable in our HS instance?

Thank you!

ashesintx
Participant

I agree @sbk_100 ; it's not working exactly as expected, but it's improved from what it was doing. Honestly, I've tried to get HubSpot aware of the remaining, lagging issue and they seem to not understand what we describe. My entire customer relations team is a bit frustrated with it.

ACamp

Issue for us too because I've required a resolution to be provided for closed tickets, so tickets closed from conversations does not trigger this action, and therefore does not close tickets in the Ticket view, only shows closed under Conversations. 

EKraaijenzank
Participant

@vvadlamani Every once in a while, one of our support pipelines is somehow connected to a shared inbox, creating a ticket automatically.

This is not a setting done by anyone in our teams, it just happens.

We don't want the ticket showing up in our reports, so the user will attempt to delete the ticket, but this action also deletes the conversation.

Any option to delete the ticket while keeping the conversation open would be greatly appreciated

SSharland

Request to be part of Beta once available.

Thanks,

Sam

ashesintx
Participant

It's available now, by the way, @SSharland 

Since I requested this some months back, they have now enabled the feature to close the ticket when you close the conversation. 

If this is not available in your login, you might ask the team about it, in case mine is the Beta, but I've had this working for months. It now and then fails to close a ticket, but most tickets close when we close the conversation (which is what I wanted them to do when I opened this thread).

str8sports
Participant

@vvadlamanivv

It's been almost a year since you said "We agree that the behaviour while managing tickets in CRM Tickets & Conversations Inbox is inconsistent today. This is a big focus for my team this year and we some big updates planned that should resolve the issues that you pointed out."

and this is still something that is not working on our end...  any reason why?!