HubSpot Ideas

GEiselt

Restrict sales email visibility on contact records

We would like to be able to restrict visibility of sales email exchanges on contact records while still allowing our team to view the record itself. Would love an added degree of granularity beyond the object level for limiting visibility/editing access!

40 Replies
CNina-Soto
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same need.  I run a real estate brokerage and each of my agents has access to Hubspot.  In real estate we often work with the same agents in any particular geographic area.  Currently I have 2 agents working 2 different deals with the same listing agent at a different office.  A duplicate contact record can't be created for the listing agent  and if I grant both agents access to the listing agents contact record, they will both see all of the activities including the confidential information of each others clients.  As we work deals Its important to be able to see the contact card of an agent at another office, but my agents should onle be able to see only their own activities and communications.  As the admin I would always be able to behind the curtain to address any improprieties or erros.

CateDuarte
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We have also the same need for a customer. 

ECockcroft

It needs to be resolved asap! Even the most basic CRM has this capability.

Nitaneth
Participant

We'd like to restrict visible emails by Team if possible

RoyLiu

We need this ability as well.

PhilippC
Contributor

We need this ability too.

Komgrit
Participant

Yes, this is the must ability.  I have issued with the Service team, which need to access the contact/company and see all sales activities. 

Levi

any update on this case? Also for al objects (incl. custom objects)? 

coke
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone, I'm a Success manager in HubSpot and I had a call today with one of my customers who's looking for the same solution.

I created a workaround and I would like to share it with you all. It does require Custom Objects but at least it's something. I hope you like it:
https://www.loom.com/share/81a60c24786f491c93d34098a371261d

And hopefully soon we will have a solution for this built in the CRM 🧡🧡

Levi

Hi @coke , this is realy nice!!

Does this also work with different custom objects (with acces permissions)? It looks like i can't give specific permissions per custom objects right? I have already created 2-3 custom objects, every one needs to see them, but the 'internal' custom object you say in hour video should be not visible for everyone. I think thats not possible right? 

See also this idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Granular-custom-object-permissions/idi-p/366408

coke
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Levi , thank you for replying.

For now, all custom objects are under the same permissions. The only workaround for that is creating the "internal" team and one person of that team should be the owner of the specific custom object. It's what we have at the moment but hopefully soon we will be able to see persmissions per custom object as we see with Contacts, Deals, Companies, Tickets, etc.

I can't wait for that!!! 😂

Levi

Hi @coke, any ETA on that? 

coke
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Levi, unfortunately, nothing yet. If I hear anything, I will let you know 😄

CvanNiekerk

@coke https://www.loom.com/share/81a60c24786f491c93d34098a371261d this idea would work ok if there was a way to automatically do it via a workflow. We have a client on enterprise but due to a protection of information law in their county they need to segregate contact activity based on teams otherwise they violate the law so this is a fundemental issue.

coke
HubSpot Employee

Hi @CvanNiekerk , do your client send emails directly from HubSpot? If so, they can choose the association when sending the email so it's only linked to the custom object.

If that works, then they could create a workflow that creates a custom object for each deal and assign it to the "management team" so only they can access it.

Every new deal would automatically create a new custom object, and every time they send an email from HubSpot, they can link it to the custom object. This would happen at the time they send the email, so the email would never be associate it to the contact/deal at all.

I hope this helps.

But yeah, workflow for activities would be amazing. I hope we can see something like that in the future.

CvanNiekerk

@coke  There is already a filter for teams on the contact record. If only this filter was linked to permissions it would solve this issue. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRzMGKbjuI  Is there no way to add a custom script in the new CUSTOMIZE CRM developer tool to automatically filter the activities based on the team that the logged in user is assiged to

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 21.49.19.jpg

CMaxwell1

We have a large number of users on Hubspot that use it for many different reasons. Communication with customers doesn't need to be shared with everyone. 

If there was a way to make it so communications can only be seen intra-team and super admin would be helpful. It would keep the accounts of  of those that don't use the 1-on-1/email logging aspect of it clean from unnecessary communications and notifications (this is a whole other issue of default notifications regarding inbox communcations going to everyone).

AEwell

Agreed. Great idea and would be very useful!

AHammett

We need a way to "hide" emails from certain users so that client-sensitive information is protected. We would like them to be able to see "Notes" but not the "Email" tab.

angaritangarita

We need to have this functionality ASAP. This is a basic CRM functionality. We need to restrict access to sensitive emails within the objects.