HubSpot Ideas

vanessahunt

Controlling and dependent property attributes needed

In Salesforce CRM you're able to define 'controlling' and 'dependent' fields in order to manage the selection of values between two fields that are related to one another i.e. Region and Country. If I select the region 'EMEA', then I need the 'Country' field to only display values relevant to EMEA (France, Germany etc) not countries in APAC for example. 

This capablility to link field behaviour to one another is usually used with Check boxes, Single select drop downs and Multi-select drop downs. 

This features ensures users only select relevant values in fields/properties and therefore aids data cleanliness and reporting. Please can we have this in HubSpot too. 

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: In Planning
March 14, 2023 10:08 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Development! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in giving feedback while we are in the research phase, please complete the following Conditional Logic Beta Participant Eligibility Form.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

January 31, 2023 11:14 AM

Update, 2/1: Due to an enthusiastic response, this research study is now fully booked. Thank you all for applying!

Previous message is below:

___

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle and I’m a Product Designer at HubSpot. Good to meet you!

Some good news: we’re aiming to add new functionality that will allow you to define conditional options for fields. With this, you'll be able to show options in one field based on a chosen option in another field. Based on what I’ve been reading here, I think this would solve many of your needs. But first, we have to test it to make sure it’s easy to use and understand. That’s where you come in.

Would any of you be interested in participating in a paid user research study, testing Conditional Property Options? In order to ensure that this feature is effective and easy-to-use, we need to test it with you, our users. That will help us understand how well it works and meets your expectations.

Session details:

- Participants will be paid upon completion of the session
- Session will require no more than 45 minutes of your time.
- Session will consist of a recorded Zoom call where you’ll complete tasks using a prototype of this new feature
- You’ll be asked to provide honest feedback as you go

Interested? Please sign up using this Google Form . If you qualify, we’ll reach out to set up a time to talk. Thank you, this study is now fully booked.

Once you’ve submitted the form:
If you qualify, you’ll receive an email within the next 48 hours with the subject, “Schedule a HubSpot UX Research Session”. Just pick a time and we'll do the rest. We’re looking forward to sharing this prototype with you and gathering your feedback.

21 Comentarios
amandafann
Colaborador

I agree this would be valuable, Vanessa.

There's a similar thread on this idea you can upvote over here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Field-Dependencies-for-Contact-Properties/idi-p/8942

jphilbrook
Colaborador | Partner

Agreed. I added to the other thread above. 

silvioaugusto
Miembro

I agree with this idea.

We have an extremely negative impact on our process, which could be avoided if we had this in HubSpot

We currently have to fill in several additional fields because we don't have this functionality.
As the calculations depend on filling all the properties to be executed, we always have to fill all the properties.

In my company, we are experiencing a huge loss of productivity.

Prakhar
Participante

Yes, the Salesforce CRM sync looks incomplete without this.

Example use case being :

If the status of a contact is selected as "Disqualified"

Then a user needs to select "Disqualification Reason"

Then only they can save the record.. 

If we do not select the reason then it doesn't sync to Salesforce.

Another Example :

"Industry" being : Retail

Then "Subindustry" should be types of retail industries only. Let's say "Pharma Retail"

Without the validations - users select any random ones also.

This is very much needed to keep the data sanitized in all systems.

GKell
Colaborador

Don't think Hubspot cares about basic functions such as this.

MCanty6
Participante

We need this, it creates some gaps in data when we have two fields where an answer to one requires a response in another

HubSpotMaster
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond
Feedbackuser
Miembro

This would be a great feature to have, as certain types of automation hinge around the ability for imported/inputted property values to be registered into a different property, as property values. 

LuciaDeNile
HubSpot Employee

I have a similar use case from one of my clients.

Two properties whereby if the company name is X, then a custom property (drop-down), would be populated with value Y.

This would still require some setting up, as there could be thousands of different company names.

Another way to achieve this would be via AI. The system would have to recognize the value filled in the custom property for a  company name already used, and replicate it into other objects.

PSoto
Participante

Esto es muy necesario!!! Por favor!

MDowgwillo
Colaborador

yes, looking into this feature!

We have admn support tagging contacts, so this supports list segmentation for marketing.

(we use custom tags, then sub-tags based on main tags. it would be awsome if displayed sub-tags were dependent on the selected main-tag)... and then it makes for simple team managment or organization!

MollUser1
Colaborador

100% agree. More dependencies between the properties would be really helpful for data cleanliness.

Designer-Kyle
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Update, 2/1: Due to an enthusiastic response, this research study is now fully booked. Thank you all for applying!

Previous message is below:

___

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle and I’m a Product Designer at HubSpot. Good to meet you!

Some good news: we’re aiming to add new functionality that will allow you to define conditional options for fields. With this, you'll be able to show options in one field based on a chosen option in another field. Based on what I’ve been reading here, I think this would solve many of your needs. But first, we have to test it to make sure it’s easy to use and understand. That’s where you come in.

Would any of you be interested in participating in a paid user research study, testing Conditional Property Options? In order to ensure that this feature is effective and easy-to-use, we need to test it with you, our users. That will help us understand how well it works and meets your expectations.

Session details:

- Participants will be paid upon completion of the session
- Session will require no more than 45 minutes of your time.
- Session will consist of a recorded Zoom call where you’ll complete tasks using a prototype of this new feature
- You’ll be asked to provide honest feedback as you go

Interested? Please sign up using this Google Form . If you qualify, we’ll reach out to set up a time to talk. Thank you, this study is now fully booked.

Once you’ve submitted the form:
If you qualify, you’ll receive an email within the next 48 hours with the subject, “Schedule a HubSpot UX Research Session”. Just pick a time and we'll do the rest. We’re looking forward to sharing this prototype with you and gathering your feedback.

vanessahunt
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

@Designer-Kyle Would love to help here! I'm filling the form in right now 😁

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
shajones
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Development! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in giving feedback while we are in the research phase, please complete the following Conditional Logic Beta Participant Eligibility Form.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

LMittal
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Hi @shajones.

Another possible use case for this idea would be to prevent updating a field if another field has a specific value. For instance, we have multiple properties for line items/ products in HubSpot. One of these properties indicates whether that line item has been invoiced or not and has the options Yes/ No. If the value is set as yes, then a user should not be allowed to update the price field for that line item. I am curious if something like this can also be implemented as a part of the feature being discussed above. 

Regards,

Lakshya Mittal

Jerem1
Miembro

f

JoseGabriel
Miembro

I reckon this feature is incredibly crucial and downright indispensable. Both Zoho and Salesforce offer it. We've got a number of clients itching for this functionality, and there's one in particular for whom it's an absolute must-have. He might end up choosing Zoho, even if Hubspot suits his needs more efficiently.

AOgbe
Colaborador

Any update?

LKlingbeil
Miembro

Any new updates or progress on this feature?