HubSpot Ideas

WV127806

Contract value calculator

I'd like to be able to automatically calculate the annual or total contract value from a series of inputs e.g. deal unit volume x unit cost x term. (Ideally I'd like to be able to add cost indexation but that's another point)

Can you not make a calculable property field in deals that uses basic maths parameters, add, multiply, divide to create an output field that can then be used to create reports ? 

It seems a very simple feature, perhaps even chargeable $x per month or only turned on with the reporting package but seems a quick and easy option to add into the property fields.

21 Replies
mhensen

Hi there!

I also have the same question, seems quite industry standard.

Normally you'd go: MRR * number of months = total contract value.

Did you get a reply? 

Kind regards,

Maarten Hensen

@WV127806 wrote:

I'd like to be able to automatically calculate the annual or total contract value from a series of inputs e.g. deal unit volume x unit cost x term. (Ideally I'd like to be able to add cost indexation but that's another point)

Can you not make a calculable property field in deals that uses basic maths parameters, add, multiply, divide to create an output field that can then be used to create reports ? 

It seems a very simple feature, perhaps even chargeable $x per month or only turned on with the reporting package but seems a quick and easy option to add into the property fields.

AndyPitre
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the feedback and the specific example. We are discussing both calculated fields, as well as adding the concept of a "proposal" for a deal. This is very useful.

lucilemathe
Participant

I'll be interested in the same feature for calculated my deal BANT score. 

let me know when the feature is in beta. 

palves
Participant

I have the same request - salesforce had this ability.

In our case I have multiple products that make up a deal. 

I'd like to have the ability to add all these (custom) field values and have it automatically populate the AMOUNT field on a deal.

CTAKevin

Escalating on this - HubSpot needs to provide more internal calculating fields.

The deal amount is a great example, other example could be the date property.

For example, I have the Bill Start Date for a deal as 1/1/2016, and the contract term is 12 months(HS also needs a "Number of Days/Month/Years" property), then I should be able to have a auto-calculated field "Expiration date" as 1/1/2017, and I can use this to set-up my workflow.

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner

Agree completely.  We really need to track revenue forecast properly - this needs a multi-line Deal facility.

For example,
12 x HS Pro at £650/month 
= £7,800

12 x Management & SEO Services at £500/month = £6,000
1 x Set-up at £2,500 = £2,500
TOTAL = £16,300

Then we need to be able to report on these 'product' lines separately so we can forecast properly - obviously, we don't 'forecast' the monthly fees at the beginning of the deal, but we do the 'one-offs'.

Thanks

annami
Participant

agree (espacially with andyb). This is necessary for a proper forecast.

markjnor
Participant

Agree.  With different types of revenue formulating in a total deal amount it would be great to be able to automatically add up those sums (represented in different fields/properties) into a total amount field.

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All, 

I posted this on another idea, but wanted to make sure everyone following this thread saw it. We're getting pretty close to having an Alpha version of a products catalog available. If you're interested in joining the Alpha group, please sign up for early access here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Otherwise, we will reach out directly as we move this into Beta. 

carolenytander

Yes please,

we would really appreciate it.

BR

Carolen Ytander, Nexus

adrienb

Hi,

I will also be interested in that, as we can sell subscriptions with or without engagement and also can add installation fees or training.

Thanks !

AnttiT

Same challenge here: in addition to Total Contract Value (TCV) we need Annual Contract Value (ACV) split into months based on the duration of the contract. We made custom property Duration just to find that we cannot calculate based on that. Simple reporting and calculations would be create - or at least ready-made ACV reports. In the latter idea, duration may have to be basic property as well as the start date of contract value which might differ from  the close date.

ACV is a must have feature for us and don't know if we're able to continue without it.

ODICCI_Jacques
Participant

Yes, this would be great - this is a standard feature in Salesforce and helps us keep track of our licenses.

David1
Participant

Yes, please!  We as a community NEED this.

meagmccann
HubSpot Employee

eric-didier
Participant

Hi @AndyPitre

You said on April 2018 a "calculated" property was "in planning", which are great news!

Any update on an ETA?

Thanks

Jkarstoft

I am very curious about this too. This is a must to be able to do some basic CRM customizations. A huge disadvantage to Salesforce.

When will you expect this feature to arrive?

Thanks

natalouise

Curious to see if there's an update on timeline for this feature - "calculation" properties would be a big plus for many of our clients as well as for our agency. 

AmberPizano

I second this need. We're SAAS and need to calculate our potential revenue based on # employees * # locations.

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Calculated and roll-up properties are now available in Marketing, Sales, and Service Enterprise portals. See this knowledge doc (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/create-calculation-properties) for more information!